1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now Lebron wants to form another superteam with CP3, Melo & Wade..Can we disqualify him from GOAT co

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hakeemthagreat, Mar 24, 2016.

1. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

This. That super team wouldn't beat the Warriors. Cp3 and Lebron are the only two you could really count on in that bunch.

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

He's already made his mark as one of the GOAT's and that's set in stone. I see no problem with a group of guys who've been friends for 10+ years wanting to play together. At this point his mentality is probably just to find a way to take down Golden State and I'm all for it.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Curry is a media w**** who parades his little girl around and poses for the cameras. He is a fantastic player, entering the GOAT conversation. But .... perhaps it is his fans that are more biased than his detractors when it comes to the topic of his competitiveness.

Today's NBA only has Kobe as the alpha-dog, ultimate competitor mentality. The last of a dying breed? Today's guys would rather get off the court and count their endorsements rather than get in each other's grills and take hard contact on the floor.

I say let Lebron go have his fun. "The Decision" will always be one of the goofiest moments in sports. I will be more upset if Durant decides to super-team with the Warriors.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ultimate pussification of the competitive spirit. Lebron had won me over before this season, but his treatment of Blatt was completely inexcusable, and if this is true just shows how much of a clown this guy is.

Its rare to have a good basketball role model, and Lebron is one, but its so hard to like him due to a lot of his basketball antics.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

So... he and his pals are going back to Miami right? He still owes them 5 championships.

6. munco

munco Member

he just wants to play with his good friends before it's over. that super team would not be enough to win because they'd all be past their prime. i don't think he wants to do this because he thinks this would result in championships, i think he just wants to play with his best friends.

7. munco

munco Member

You sound like every old guy ever. Curry probably works harder than any guy in the league because he wants to win. If that's not competitive spirit I don't what is. Probably puts more time in the gym than those old timers that have been trashing him, but yeah this instagram era of athletes aren't as competitive.

8. mingthething

mingthething Member

this would be like Chuck Barkley, Pippen, Hakeem on the same team. All time greatness.
    Wait, did that happen? Oh, how'd that turn out?

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

One of them betrayed the others and acted like a POS sitting on his imaginary Robin-throne. Plus they weren't slumber party best friends like what LerBon is trying to put together.

10. Oracle

Oracle Member

In my opinion, Miami is the least probable place for this quartet to land. The is no way Riley will take the Melo contract aboard unless LeBron plays for veterans minimum (3 year contract). I'm equally confident that Jackson would not welcome the quartet in NY. Nobody who wants to control his team would. Cleveland would go for it, because LeBron has the team under his control. Maybe Ballmer would like that idea as well.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

First of all, that line-up would still lack shooters. Yeah some of them CAN shoot well from the outside in games, but none are pure shooters.

Secondly, for those who are saying "so what if he wants to play with his friends?". There is nothing wrong with that, but you don't come out and talk about it during the season.

Lastly, this is something we probably should want to see. Maybe Durant will want to play with his best friends even more so!

12. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Remind me again what the difference between people who can shoot well and those who are "pure shooters"??

Pure shooters don't do anything else well but shoot?

13. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

How come nobody talks about a possible Durant-Lebron pairing?

Both are trying to win championships, and both fit each others skill sets and create loads of mismatches for opposing teams especially the Warriors.

Both can opt out this summer too.

Can you imagine if the Wizards or Nets or Lakers somehow landed both Lebron and Durant this summer?

Wizards would make the most sense: Wall-Durant-Lebron-Porter-Beal could conceivably compete with the Warriors.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

because that doesn't make much sense

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

still can't beat GSW

16. bigben69

bigben69 Member

This stuff is why it is harder to root for these guys now days. Lebron comes across as very mentally weak. He is afraid to do it on his own without an all-star cast behind him. Just shut up and play. It already feels like he is giving up on his current team. Stop worrying about your friends. He has missed out on many opportunities to be the NBA darling. Why was he never in a dunk contest? If nothing else, for the fans.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The dude just can't keep his mouth shut. Way to disrespect your current teammates during the season, James.

18. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Westbrook doesn't count? Kobe even says he see's himself in Westbrook.

19. hakeemthagreat

Ofcourse he'll be one of the greatest. But top 5? Mount Rushmore? Nope. I'm not giving him that. Any guy who changes teams every time he thinks the ship's sinking is weak minded. He did it in Cleveland, he did it in Miami, and is about to do it to Cleveland AGAIN. What happen to making you're team better?

20. hakeemthagreat

No it's a insult to Kobe