1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now is not the time to panic. Our team is heading in a great direction.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ninamu

ninamu Member

Ship this sorry ass out of Houston. Gees. Can not stand him. It really hurts seeing Lin hands the ball over and parks in the corner.

2. Luca

Luca Member

Don't you think that the fact he is standing in the corner to shoot 3 is part of the coach's game plan? His skill is to be a playmaker & not a spot up shooter.
    If fans don't want him I'm sure there will be a few teams that would like to pick him up.

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Lin is not a great player. He's solid, but we're in a league saturated with great PGs, and he's not one of them. I listed about 20 players at his position that are currently better. That's not necessarily a shot at him, but it's a testament to how good the position is. At the end of the day, he's going to be evenly-matched or out-matched on most nights, and he's one of our best players? That's something to be excited about?

Harden is indeed great, but not as a #1 guy. He's an ideal #2. And the 15 or so guys "better" than him in the league are largely unavailable. That makes me apprehensive about more and more of him having to play hero ball in order to win games.

Asik is NOT a star on any planet I know of. I like him, and he's a nice piece to have because of his rebounding and defense, but he'll never be great unless he becomes at least serviceable on offense. This makes finding a star PF even more important, to hide Asik on that end of the floor.

And what in the world are you talking about with rookie deals? Harden may be making only 6 mil this year, but he's making $80 in the next 5. Asik and Lin are making $50 mil combined over the next three. That's a HUGE chunk of your team's future salary being dedicated to an all-star-level #2, an average starting PG and a defensive C who is a liability on offense.

Unless Morey plans on drafting Andrew Wiggins or some other phenom in the next year or two, I don't see how this plan leads us anywhere close to contending.

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I wouldn't have this team any other way right now.

Maybe with the exception of having Goran over Jeremy Lin, this team, as assembled, is such a tremendous group that whether they win or not simply does not matter.

What's all the fuss anyways? People REALLY need to look at the BIG PICTURE. We are all upset that we can't get the 9th seed this year and have to settle for the 12th seed?

LMAO

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why put a ceiling on Harden?

I don't understand why people are so quick to say. "He can't be this or he can't be that."

I said this in the gameday thread. Rookie Damian Lillard is 22 years old...Harden is 23.

Ask yourself this, is Harden in his prime?

The answer is no. Harden is not in his prime and is a top 5 SG and top 5 scorer in the NBA. That's a lot to get excited about. But if he does ever develop into a elite player, it's not going to happen overnight.

Not saying that Harden is going to develop into a top 5 player, that's rare...but literally the guy has all the tools to be a perennial all-star.

So what if Harden is a #2 guy? I don't get it. I think he's proven to be at least that right? Did we have one of those before?

Is Wade a #2 guy now? What about Dwight? What about WEstbrook? Isn't it all relative? A lot of people want Aldridge but he was a #2 guy to Roy and if he were to go to say the Thunder, he'd be a #3 guy like Bosh...so what?

We have a all-star player and that is something we did not have before.

6. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Once the Rockets gain confidence in shooting the MANY open 3's they've been passing up instead of driving and losing the ball, they'll start doing well. They pass so many open shots that normal players would drain with ease, then drive into the clogged paint and take a poor shot or lose the ball. That adjustment will hopefully come with time.

7. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Also Asik needs to turn into a passer or the type of big man that Philadelphia had back when Iverson was driving and drawing 2-3 people. Even if he missed there was a good chance for a foul or an easy put back. Giving the ball to Asik in the low post is a disaster, since now our best rebounder is handling the ball and has limited post moves. Hopefully the coaches are figuring this out quickly.

8. slickster

slickster Member

We need to get 5 guys or gals from clutchfans to lace 'em up, show jeremy and soft pat how it's done, yo. Y'all be ballin' and shot callin'

smh

9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Team is headed in the direction of a top 10 pick.

10. split41

split41 Member

Lol, I agree.

11. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Calm down doctor, now is not the time for fear...that comes later.

12. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

This team is not finished- nit even barely. You add a true superstar and this team is still not a true contender. This team is a work in progress. Harden is a great piece to build around, as is Asik ( not a superstar in any way. But he gets the job done, will never be too expensive and makes this team better). It remains to be seen which direction Lin is taking.

What we need are at least two more main pieces. Maybe one of our rookies can become one - maybe Parsons can even become one. Maybe we get a high draft pick and can draft one. But probably we will have to get them via free agency or a trade.

In this day and age it is almost impossible for a team outside NY, LA, Chi or Boston to build a true contender. You need to have some luck and a great GM. I believe we have the GM, and we had some luck with Harden and Asik. Now lets hope Morey can finish what he started. But right now, no reason to panic - losing means we get a better asset ( higher draft pick), winning means we build a winning culture and our players develope faster. Either way could be good for our future.