1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Novak's shot against Sacramento

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bizzy045, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

As ridiculous as it sounds, Novak may have really saved our season with that shot. We are on a roll right now....having a confidence and swagger this team hasn't had since the first title year. If we had lost that game, who knows...we may not have beaten the Hornets....

2. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

um... okay.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Please, let's start another thread about the shot that wasn't. Look, I love Novak as much as the rest of 'um, but realistically it isn't down to that.

I mean, um okay, as well.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

It was a great shot, that was that. Novak still doesn't get consistent minutes, so I think that tells you something. He needs to really strengthen up and work on his D.

5. Prettyfly

Prettyfly Member

is that you Stevie?

6. bizzy045

bizzy045 Member

im not trying to give props to novak...just winning that game in general was pretty huge for us..not too many times do teams win 12 in a row..and its games/shots like that that make these streaks possible....

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Has to be...

8. Dei

Dei Member

Nice you see it that way. Everything counts so long as we get the championship.

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

You mean McGrady's great vision and his presence of mind to find Novak open in the middle of traffic? ;)

10. fayesun

fayesun Member

Exactly, our confidence would have been destroyed

11. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Exactly...

12. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

It's the law of averages. You win a couple of close games, you lose a couple. You have a couple of game winners, you have a couple of missed opportunities.

We lost to Denver in overtime on a ridiculous shot by a scrub. He couldn't make that shot 90 times out of 100.

Novak's shot was more important for him than anything. It's nice for him to have the confidence that he can make a clutch shot.

BTW, what I am concerned about is Carl Landry on the free throw line. It wasn't just bad technique (he was pushing the ball instead of shooting it), he also seemed to lose confidence at the line. I hope it doesn't linger, because he will be fouled a lot.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

A team and personal confidence builder Novak's shot was...saving the SEASON, doubtful.

On the above derailing topic, not just Landry the whole team worries me at the free throw line. Only Yao is consistent. Only thing I'm worried about with Landry his he sometimes hustles TOO much for a loose ball and will hurt himself one day. Appreciate the effort but its not worth missing 15 games to snag a rebound from 3 people just so he'll awkwardly land on his butt and have nowhere to pass the ball to.

14. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Steve's are the most popular guys on the team.

Another game winner by Novak, and the Rockets might have to retire his jersey after he is playing career is over. :D

15. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

And maybe if Rafer, Chuck, and Shane would have had a pulse in the playoffs last year then we would have got out of the first round.

Or if Tracy never got hurt, we could have had a 55 or 60 win season since he got here.

Or if Mike James only got 1 year contracts he woukd have actually showed up in a game.

Or if the Rockets would have actually kept Rudy Gay, maybe we would be the heir apparant to Tracy.

Or if we would have kept Richard Jefferson instead of the Eddie Griffen (RIP) trade

Or if we would have not traded Nachbar for an old David Wesley.

We can go on and on about what could have been, but the most important thing to know is that IT'S TIME! :D

16. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

to be fair all he's saying is we are on a high because of a twelve game streak - a streak that would not be happening if novak didn't have the clutch to can that shot and allow the rox to continue. the streak may or may not have instilled greater confidence to the team.

so props to novak, i get it.

17. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

this is the video............

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzzN4exB8tg[/flash]

18. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

somebody tell me how to post Youtube video ,please............

19. firefive

firefive Member

Novak saved the stright win!!!

20. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

You just copy and best the info under the "Embed" which is to the right of the supposed video.

[​IMG]