1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Nov 12] How much longer would you like Morey to be Rockets GM?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by srrm, Oct 31, 2012.

?

How much longer would you like Morey to be Rockets GM?

1. 2 years or less

9 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. at least 3 yrs

20 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. at least 4 yrs

15 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. at least 5 yrs

136 vote(s)
    75.6%
  1. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

I went with at least 3, keep the contracts short just for motivation, but when he pulls one more rabbit out of the hat lock him up for 10 years.

2. nomangame

nomangame Member

As long as he brings in the players we need, he must stay for as long as possible.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Yes...........
    I think we should offer him the "Poison Morey Pill",
    which consists of 5-1yr contracts....:grin:

Seriously I think he's a borderline great GM that
    hasn't allways gotten the results we've all wanted
    but not for the lack of trying or because of
    incompetence but rather because most of the other
    GM'S are worried of getting "Morey'd"................

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I like Morey, yes bringing players, but importantly, you can talk to this GM unlike most, if not all GMs. If you see Morey in public places, it almost a guarantee that he will talk to you, if you ask him. We should enjoy as much as possible, hopefully his tenure is as long as D.Stern.

5. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I can't see Morey losing his job, as far as i'm concerned his tenure has been as turbulent a ride as can be but in no way because of the job he did.. and now it seems like he's righting the ship with space for another significant player.

If Les is as motivated to win as people say, Morey is the GM to make it happen, therefore he should remain at least until Harden's tenure expires (Hopefully, in retirement after 15 years)

6. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

At least 5 years. After Harden's contract expiration date!

:grin::grin::grin:

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He has already built a contender in 09.

What Morey has done is crazy. Rebuilding while remaining over 500.

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Sammy mad respect, but a contender in 09 and he's been on the job since 04. Shouldn't we expect more, he's constantly rebuilding the team and trading pieces before they have a chance to compete. He's also 1 - 5 in obtaining a superstar, I say let him actually deliver another to go with Harden and then give him 3 years to see what he can do. Everyone likes Morey because he's nice, I don't give a hoot about that, I would rather him be a knuckle head and win championships. BTW, is everyone now on Al Jefferson's jock.

9. haven

haven Member

I would like to know how much of Morey's refusal to tank was driven by Les Alexander. Still, the "pile up assets" approach appears to have worked out fine in the end with the Harden trade. His draft record has also been excellent, given the positions from which he's drafted.

I like Morey, though, because--grand strategy aside--almost all of his individual decisions have been reasonable. The closest I've come to doubting a move was letting Dragic go only to shove a boatload of cash at Lin. From a basketball perspective, this seems like a downgrade to me. Still, I understand the reluctance to hand out the additional year, and you can't ignore the marketing opportunities that come along with Lin. If that's my biggest complaint about the Morey era, I have to conclude he's done an excellent job.

10. LinMVP

LinMVP Member

He should already be fired...he just need to sign Josh Smith and Rockets are 1st round exit forever.

I mean, really? First you rade away Lamb who's got higher ceiling than Harden. Yes Harden is better right now, but this team ain't winning nothing in next few years so it doesn't really matter. It's actually worse, because Rockets are now doomed to mediocrity. Which means 14th pick here we go again...

Not to mention three draft picks...smh

Only good thing was signing Lin very cheap.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Welcome to my ignore list you POS troll.

12. LinMVP

LinMVP Member

Some people here really got hard time accepting facts and truth.

13. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I have been a general fan of Morey's moves as GM considering the circumstances he inherited with 2 injury prone stars in Tmac and Yao. That being said I always judge each season individually, and as much as I like the vast majority of moves Morey has made so far, and argued against those who suggested he should be fired for not getting a star yet, that doesn't mean he automatically get's x amount of years in the future. He should be here until there is a good reason to think a different GM would be doing a better job. Whether that is one year or 10+.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Some teams are never a contender. If you are not in LA and you have a contender then its safe to say you have great management.

No you shouldn't be expecting more. And he isn't constantly rebuilding. Anyone with have a brain knew we werent building around Kyle Lowry or Goran Dragic. We were NEVER on a track to contention, which was killed by a Morey trade, NEVER.

We have had 3 superstars in the past 30 years. You probably just got one and now you won't be satisfied till you get another.

No one likes Morey because he is nice, they like him because he is amazing at his job and clearly better than 95% of his peers.

All hail god-king Morey.

15. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Until we can replace him with someone better

And that's not happening anytime soon

16. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

I've always supported Morey. One of the best GMs in the league in my opinion.