1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Notion Ink Adam

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Moped Chaser, Sep 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Moped Chaser

Moped Chaser Member

2. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Part of it depends on your needs. With Apps, the iPad can do pretty much anything (including remotely controlling your home/office computer -- iTeleport). It's no surprise that I like the iPad, but I have reason to be biased. 

Over all, I'd probably rather go with Apple than an upstart launching its first product. Yeah, the iPad isn't perfect, but it's coming from a company we're pretty sure is gonna to support it in 2 years.

3. Moped Chaser

Moped Chaser Member

How much does lack of flash capability matter? I heard pretty much all websites are flash based?

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It depends on how much Flash in web browsers is important to you. It is of little concern to me so I am not impacted. If you like to play web browser games, then you would be impacted. Some web video is affected. I have no problems perusing ESPN for game updates and news sites for content. I'd like to be able to watch Astros' games via MLB TV and not have to buy an app to do so, but I just watch on my computer or ROKU box instead.

5. Moped Chaser

Moped Chaser Member

I usually do browsing and watch hulu. Would this affect my experience with the Ipad?

6. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Flash is starting to disappear. You can already watch videos on ESPN without flash. But yeah, you have to download a $15 app to watch MLB.tv.

On the plus side, you can usually download NBA League Pass Mobile for like $40, and that includes the subscription.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

There is a hulu app for the iPad.