1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#NothingBurger] The Secret Nunes Memo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Feb 2, 2018.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

2. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Loss for words. All the non-partisan analysts/pundits I've read have said the release hurts the Republican position more than helps by showing why the Russian investigation is necessary and is not due to the dossier. Likewise they committed and unprecedented release of classified information with Republican appointed FBI going against the release of the contents. How did they manage to screw this one up? Even GOP based god Trey Gowdy is jumping ship. I used to post and try to get Republican supporters to see a different perspective, but the Republican party and its supporters have fallen so far in their current form. To rarely agree with DaDakota - it's become a party of idiots and supported by idiots. It is and isn't your fault, but somehow you have to wake up and see outside of your viewpoint for once.

When will you realize you're being played like suckers? These rich groups and politicians are in it for themselves and screwing supporters for their own benefit. You think Trump cares about you? They're gas lighting America. No trickle down is going to happen or save you. They're going to pretend to have your values and continue to brainwash you to get your vote, just so they can continue to make money for themselves and protect their own interests while your life gets worse.

I guess the reality is, some people just would rather get screwed really hard by their own people, then have the helping hand of someone they don't like. But god damn, bring some freaking dignity back to the GOP.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Those aren't non partisan pundits. It's simple , did you see Democrat lie over and over again to try and stop this thing coming to light? That was a partisan entity telling you its bad for democrats. Did you see the FBI lie and claim it violated national security to stop it getting released? This is the fbi telling you it makes them look really bad. The fact that you don't see what democrats, republicans, the fbi, and doj see when they read the memo is a reflection on you. It's bad.

They failed to disclose to the court that they were using unverified sources funded by democrats when getting a warrant to spy on republicans during an election. You realize they had to get this warrant renewed twice as well?

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The liberals had to create an echo chamber in the already liberal echo chamber that is the d&d to try to rationalize this one.

Bottom line is collusion by the Obama administration to try to help Hillary.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Saying "Nothingburger" is very much under selling it, it could absolutely be a big deal given that FISA abuse is pretty unacceptable.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Poof goes another trump talking point...

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The memo was fact checked and they concluded there were no factual inaccuracies even if the facts lacked context, your random "nuh uh" quote is accusing the memo of being factually inaccurate.....as such I think you have to question the validity of the spinster saying "nuh uh"

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nunes says he didn't read FISA applications

Rep. Devin Nunes, Chairman of the Intelligence Committee admits he did not read the FISA applications before writing the memo.

Source: CNN

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. cml750

cml750 Member

If he deserved to be investigated they shouldn't have needed to use the "salacious and unverified" memo(Comey's words) to obtain a FISA warrant. The judge would have approved without using the nefarious path they took to get the warrant.

#32 cml750, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Actually, Republicans hired them first...lol.

13. tallanvor

False. NBC reporter had to correct this stupid statement today. Gop never funded dossier. You are also like the 5th person today on this forum to make this false claim.

cml750 likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm fascinated in how the usual suspects have moved away from whether Trump is a traitor straight to trying to end the investigation into whether he is a traitor. Useful idiots indeed.

I don't think you guys have really thought the end game through.

15. TheresTheDagger

This post is a #nothingburger

cml750 likes this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh we won't forget who supported usurping American democracy in favor of a lying, racist, ignorant buffoon. #NeverForget

17. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Using a politifact meter as a Trump supporter makes you seem.....I don't know whats the word....dumb, hypocritical, ignorant?

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean yeah, although I don't think he's dumb or ignorant personally but...I was not going to say anything, but... if people are going to start accepting Politifact that's fine with me.

19. tallanvor

I didn't use a politifact meter. In fact the politifact meter has nothing to do with what i spoke of. the rest of the tweet did. Its the NBC reporter correcting the mistake she made (same mistake as poster i corrected). Next time read 'ignorant dummy'. We know who paid Fusion GPS for dossier because the information was released months ago. It was paid for by Hillary through FusionGPS. Also I hate Trump.

#40 tallanvor, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    cml750 likes this.