1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NOTHING is wrong with Rocket fans @ Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 21, 2007.

1. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Not true. See my 1st post. The crowd was horrible.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Word. The fans didn't even realize they weren't showing up until Mad Max let em' know.

He was so f'ing blunt about it -- it was classic Maxwell.

:D

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maxwell's living the 'my perogative' song to a T!

Where's all the "Toyota Center crowd Haters" tonight?

Attendance: 17,345

Rocket fans at Toyota Center > Haters

4. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

People who came to catch T-Shirts > Fans who came to cheer

5. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

The T-Shirt toss is like the lottery for all the corporate suits. You can't be the coolest "suit" until you catch one.

Although, if you are a sneaky "suit," you wait for the "suit" mating call to come over the loud speakers......

Everybody clap your hands..............That is when you make your move and steal another "suits" 99 cent grand prize.

May the best "suit" win.

Although sometimes they do attach a 5 dollar bill to the t-shirt.! Imagine it........a corporate suit catching the most treasured item in sports. A t-shirt with a $5 bill!!!!!!

#65 BenignDMD, Mar 23, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

**** the corporate mannequins and their trophy dates.

7. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I was at the Detroit game last nite- the crowd was loud and having fun. What an awesome win!!!!

As Mutombo says" This is kour house Houston!

Go Rockets!!

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Easily the best atmosphere of the year last night. Rockets took an early lead and got everybody excited. And the Rowdies, probably for the first time, started chants that the whole arena joined in ...not just us.

Nearly a playoff atmosphere last night. Houstonians CAN cheer ...under the right circumstances.

9. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Ok...so...you CAN AFFORD A 50 inch 1080P TELEVISION...YET...can't afford a Rockets game ticket?

Makes sense.

10. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Excellent post!

I went to see the Knicks and their sucky ass team many times JUST to see basketball. And when the crowd gets into it, there is no better place to be than MSG.

But you know whats better?

WHEN THE ROCKETS WIN AND THERE IS DEAD SILENCE! :cool:

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I don't know what you are talking about. Every game I go to and we win, everyone gets up and gives the Rockets a standing ovation for the win.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

i have 720p tv. :p , no cant afford 1080p!

i sacrificed my soul and watched the Rockets play Memphis (Fratello), that was horrible You needed a Starbucks at every isle to keep everyone awake.. it was more exciting watching us beat the Spurs.

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Last nights crowd was awesome i agree there is nothing wrong.

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Ya my brother and I had a freaking blast. Loud and intense. The ludicrous mcgrady twist shot, the whoop ass passing on the fast break and the final Yao block - wow! The arena was pumped.

15. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Nothing wrong at all, the douchbags that cry about the "lack of atmosphere" are the one's who either don't go or sit there quiet and don't make noise but talk smack about others.

16. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

LOL!

My bad. From what I hear, not much difference anyways!

17. tinman

Supporting Member

New Yorkers are different people. since they live in such a tight space they talk like 1inch closer and talk louder. plus they have short tempers.they aren't as relaxed as us southerners.

plus New York is the 'mecca' of basketball.

18. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

The AAC was a pretty good atmosphere last time I was there, although I didn't care much for the arena. Much louder and more enthusiastic fans than in the Toyota Center.

Anyone thinks the Toyota Center is a good atmosphere should watch a game at Gallagher Iba (Oklahoma State) or Phog Allen (Kansas) -> the noise is deafening.

19. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

I don't think anyone is questioning our fans for the playoffs. Of course they would be ruckus, it's the freaking playoffs! Every team in the playoffs always have a solid crowd. I think most of the arguments here are talking about the crowds during the regular season. Everyone agrees they could be much much better. Seriously, how embarrassing is it to have the opposing teams fans, just as loud, maybe louder than then home crowd? I just hate seeing our games on national TV where there are so many open seats, and then you look at other teams on TV and every seat is filled. Yao + TMac is more than enough fill up seats in the arena. Yes, even against the lesser teams.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

you can't compare to college sports dude.
    college sports will always have greater enthusiasm than pro.