1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NOTHING is wrong with Rocket fans @ Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 21, 2007.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

give me an example..
    sacramento? im sure the seats are way cheaper at Arco Arena.
    plus there's nothing else there, no Sacremento Texans.

Same with the Spurs. Watch NBA or go to the riverwalk for 10000th time.

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

tinman, you're a horrible fan. boooo

3. tinman

Supporting Member

its not my fault you guys are afraid of the truth
    and afraid of justice

i'll take me and my other 299 loyals at Toyota Center. At least its not the Texans, then we'd be eating Aramark food and we'd truly be "DINING IN HELL".

RA HOO! RA HOO!

4. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually I have family in Sacramento and the seats are not cheap trust me. They've been trying to go to a game for almost 2 years now. They have to wait. Regardless if your team is good or not, a true fan supports its team. I can remember the late 90's and start of the 2000 season, there wasn't much to cheer for but i still watched every game. That's a true fan.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

watched or attended?

Not every Greek can be a Spartan.

6. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Yeah I did both. The point is that you have to support your fan. There's too many people in the TC that just sit on their hands. The only game this year that was good to see the people cheering was the Dallas loss and the clipper game when luther hit the three.

7. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I'm with this guy.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

You and 299 other Rocket fans needs to inspire thousands to join the battle!
    but the 300 people at Toyota Center showed courage in the face of Evil.

King BarkXes will be proven wrong!

9. EssTooKayTD

Just b/c some of us celebrate differently doesn't make us wrong. I am a quiet guy by nature, and sure, I'll let out a "yeah" and/or raise my fist in the air if the team does something exceptionally good. But i don't go ape**** and yell all the time.

So stop insulting me by saying I'm a ****ty fan because I'm mild mannered, and I won't call louder, arguably more obnoxious fans r****ded children. Deal?

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I understand your point. You cheer if they MAKE YOU CHEER. I can't stand artificial cheering. that's like the fake applause button.

If Rafer takes a bad shot, I'm not cheering that!

in the Pacers game, it was less than 40% shooting game for both teams. vs the Clippers, that was a nail bitter, of course we are going to cheer that.

11. Mattj

Mattj Member

Just for the record, here were the attendance figures for the other NBA games last night. You'll note that only Memphis drew worse than Houston.

Indiana @ Houston 12,588
    Denver @ New Jersey 20,032, Cleveland @ Charlotte 17,043,
    Philly @ Detroit 22,076, Dallas @ New York 19,763,
    Nookie @ Memphis 10,916 , LA Clippers @ Chicago 22,246,
    Golden State @ Utah 19,759 , Minnesota @ Phoenix 18,422 ,
    Washington @ Portland 14,708

The Upper bowl was 50% empty last night...those seats are not expensive. It doesn't seem like much to ask 1% of the cities population to show up 41 times a year. Of course I'm a Rockets fan, like the rest of you guys.

Just promise me the building will be red and full for the playoffs.

12. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Could they move the Rockets franchise to a different city if attendance remains low?

13. rocketear

rocketear Contributing Member

We were there last night screaming our lungs out...What else are we supposed to do ? Get naked? crowds are fine at TC.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Denver @ New Jersey 20,032, -currently in playoff race, fans get to see AI and Mello

Cleveland @ Charlotte 17,043, -lebronz

Philly @ Detroit 22,076, -its safer than being in downtown detroit
    Dallas @ New York 19,763, -Mavs have best record
    Nookie @ Memphis 10,916 , -what did you expect?
    LA Clippers @ Chicago 22,246, -sam, cuttino, brand, tim thomas!
    Golden State @ Utah 19,759 , -mormons want to destroy evil oakland/san fran team
    Minnesota @ Phoenix 18,422 , -KG
    Washington @ Portland 14,708 -Agent Zero

15. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that all of you spouting out definitions of "true" fans are 14 years old. You're all full of crap.

I'm glad Tinman made this thread.

It's a breath of fresh air in the cesspool that was once the GARM. All of the real Rockets fans are being chased away by the "true" fans with their endless attempts to convince each other how much smarter they are than the coach or how Houstonians(sp?) suck because they don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to watch one of the crappiest games of the season (with a late start to boot).

You guys and your ridiculous delusions that it somehow helps the team because you jump up on your feet every offensive possession. Never mind that you are blocking the view of dozens of people in the process (including little kids that won't be able to see over you even if they stand). You aren't better fans, you're just inconsiderate jackasses. At least wait until something has happened, getting the ball to the half-court line 2 minutes into the 2nd quarter while we're up 10 is not a good reason to disrupt everybody's view.

I can understand if it's a big play or crunch time or something, but a little consideration for those behind you doesn't make you less of a "fan". It's almost as if you guys think this is some kind of competition to see who can be the most obnoxious. If you want to stand the whole game, sit with the rowdies where it won't bother anyone. Don't go sit 4 rows off the floor and expect everyone to like it when you're doing your best to ruin their view because you want to brag about how badass you are to strangers on the internet later.

And yes, there's nothing wrong with Houston fans. If we keep winning, the place will be full of the same fair-weather douche-bags that Dallas has so you won't have to be irrationally jealous of Mavericks fans anymore.

16. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

See? Even Matt Jackson had to shine in on this. He believes this is popcock!

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I take it having one of the most talented wing players and the best center on a strong playoff contending team isn't enough of a draw alone to attend a game?

I feel your argument and agree alot what you say, but bottomline is that our hardcore Rox fans don't fill the arena enough and the ones who attend are the wine and cheese crowd, who are also green at being Rox fans.

18. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I disagree. I went to the last game against Dallas, and the crowd was pretty much dead until the 4th quarter. They booed louder when Dallas scored than cheered when we scored. In fact, it sounded like there were plenty of people cheering for Dallas and not enough cheering for us. And then they chanted "MVP" while McGrady was shooting free throws, AFTER he had already missed several. How stupid is that? If he can't shoot free throws without the noise, do you think shouting MVP is supposed to help him concentrate??

19. EssTooKayTD

I just don't think there are many "hardcore" fans that can or want to pay to see every game in person. Let's face it...the hardcore fan probably isn't a pretty sight to see if the team isn't playing well, so it's better that they are in the privacy of their own home, and not at the Toyota Center :p

20. EssTooKayTD

I think getting paid millions of bucks and always shooting FT's with noise for years at a certain percentage weighs more than, "he's thrown off by chants of MVP."