1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Note to Morey: Your going about this wrong

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GoRox2013, Jun 16, 2014.

1. joesr

joesr Member

lol, he is him though? LoL, umm, he is the OP, lol. I just thought that was funny, gosh.

On another note, basketball is a business.

2. Sanity2disChaos

Lmao....I died laughing! Please post more pics....we are off topic anyways and this is too funny!

Oh yeah....nobody's perfect!!

3. albuster

albuster Member

...And they will make up all the excuses known to man for him.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Dont have to make excuses for a man who did his main job and brought TWO max level players to this team.

As soon as you can show us ANYTHING REAL that negates those two feats, then your Morey hate has no basis in fact and as such should be dismissed as the ramblings of simpletons who dont understand the way the league works.

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

George Karl
    Lionel Hollins
    Nate McMillan
    Mark Jackson

All upgrades over Kevin Mcmorey:rolleyes:

6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

You do realize the expiration date for using this excuse has expired. Especially when one of our "max" players hasn't showed up for the playoffs 2 years in a row. We'll leave the defense aspect out of it too

8. ThaShark316_28

Not on offense.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Haha.

So 1 year removed from free agency where you added a second max player your time is up to have won a title?

Trollific posting.

Time is up on Sam Presti in OKC fo sho.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Jim Jones in the 90s?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Wait.... you mean the Rockets right now with Harden, Howard, Parsons, Beverley and a good shot at Carmelo Anthony is better than....

A team with PPat, Scola and Martin?

I am no expert, but I am pretty sure you don't win with star players... am I right?

12. Nook

Nook Member

Don't think about it too much or your head will explode.... just let it go.

13. anchel

anchel Member

This what? Miami has won showing elite defense, son. Stars + elite defense, not only stars.

The OP shows some basket knowledge and surprise, 1 star rating.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's got to mean Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys' 90's dynasty. Only thing that makes any kind of sense.

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

You've obviously given Daryl Morey an endless window to build a contender smh.

The man could have Howard & Harden playing out there all by themselves for the next 5 years, and you'd still give him GM of the year every chance you get. Must be nice to have a group fans that'll support you, even in the event you do absolutely nothing

16. Swedish_Rocket

I know that once we get Carmelo, Right into the season there are going to be complaints on Clutchfans in criticism of team defense...guys its just not a good fit, Sure we will probably get more endorsements and national coverage, But Mchale will continue to run isos and Melo will not change his game to have more of a defensive impact...Just being real here

17. albuster

albuster Member

It is really simple, the season before, without Howard, they lost in the first round. Is that a good enough real thing? In your previous post you just ranted against people who make general statements against other people and yet you just did it. I know, you are an enforcer in CF but Clutch does not act nor write like you. Clutch, who started CF, and I suppose is still the owner of CF, is a lot more open to contrary ideas and comments.
    As I mentioned a long time ago when you similarly described my posts as "simplistic", basketball is really a relatively simple game and is made to be enjoyed. Others would make it a very complex game with long-winding analysis and statistics but in the end, as many expert commentators state, basketball is really a simple game. And it is. Now, for the way the league works, that is another issue. But again, the league is, simply, another kind of entertainment business and the ultimate goal of the any team owner is the revenue from the venture.
    Of course, many fans look at basketball from a different perspective and spend so much of their time, energy and money to follow the game and their respective teams, but others, like me, have been there before starting in 1968 as a fan of the Celtics then on and on. As such, I have seen the game and the league evolve. Simply put, the underlying fundamentals of the game and the NBA business has always been the same throughout the decades. Names, faces and teams have changed but they are essentially cursory to the underlying fundamentals. So, a "simpleton" has a place in basketball fanhood, I guess, just as "super smart" and analysts of the "complexities" of the league and the game have theirs. We are all just fans of the game whether we are smart, pretend to be smart, thought police, "idiots", "morons" as other posters call each other here. The beauty of a blog is when there is no group think and when there are different perspectives being expressed. Besides, if only the non "simpletons" are allowed in here, I wonder if it would make any difference in the fact that the Rockets have not won nor even sniffed any championships for almost two decades now.
    I don't hate Morey, I don't even know him personally so how can I do that. I just totally disagree with having him as GM, simple as that.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

step 1 - acquire as much talent as humanly possible

step 2 - make it work

19. Panda23

Panda23 Member

wait, why?

Two years removed from hitching our kart to the Yao/McGrady Wagon, and in that time with very competitive/fanfavourite teams he manages to net two superstars.

rome wasnt built in a day

20. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

1) Aquire the RIGHT type of talent that is cohesive with you current roster

2) Make it work