1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not time to hit panic button

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch City1993, Dec 23, 2006.

1. yaoza ming

yaoza ming Rookie

I am hoping we get the mavs in the playoffs. Then, we will have a chance of going past the first round.

2. Prosun

Prosun Member

Even if T-Mac and Yao stayed healthy all year, I don't see us ending the year with a better record than the Spurs or Mavs. Therefore, the highest possible seed we could get is 5, meaning no home-court advantage. I agree though. Don't panic!

I thought it was symbolic that Bonzi was the one that helped Yao to the locker room, because a healthy Bonzi is really our only hope at staying over or at least near .500 until Yao returns.

I was satisfied with our offseason overall, but we did not address the backup F/C issue. Mutombo should not be playing more than 20-25 minutes a game. I suggested acquiring Jamaal Magloire, but the Bucks traded him to Portland. Who's out there? Is Lonny Baxter available? We need some big bodies, period.

Good news for the Novak fans maybe. If Hayes or Howard has to play center, Novak might get time at PF. We could just go small with Battier also.

3. windfern

windfern Member

Is Hakeem in shape for a backup position for Deke? :)

4. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

No panic agreed. Just despair for the next two months. We now have a small, slow team. The best we can do is hope to hold on to the 8 spot and make an improbable late season run.

5. Jrazz

Jrazz Member

Or play hard, lose a lot, and get into the bottom ten for the draft. What a gift a young, very good younf forward would be to match up with Yao.

6. stangend77

stangend77 Member

how do you know he dsnt, he is one of the best 3 point shooters in the nba. (best in the 4th quarter might i add)

7. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

If we had a better record than the 4th seed (unlikely the way Utah and Phoenix is playing now) we would have home-court for that round.

8. KidMaven

KidMaven Member

I already heard this story last year. Just wait we will have everyone healthy by the all star break. Well guess what yao and tracy cant go over 25 games without getting injured its a proven fact. We were all blinded by their potential.

Tracy was just coming around he started the season lacking a jumpshot. Finally he was getting that back and getting to the hoop at will and making everyone better then BAM back spasms. Now yaos gone for minimum 6 weeks. We are screwed.. if tracy comes back too soon we already know he will be back out within a week so whats the point.

maybe next season :(

9. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

Turn out the lights, the party's over :( :( :(

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

11. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

It doesn't matter if we make the playoffs. This team is ripe for a first round exit with JVG coaching, second round if we're lucky.

Remember the series against Dallas a couple of years ago? We had the better team, but JVG got outcoached by a freaking rookie coach.

JVG sucks. He cannot make adjustments.