1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Not the same team:" Rockets to "drastically alter" switch-everything scheme

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Oct 27, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

#runitback errr #floatitback

BigShasta, cheke64 and B-Bob like this.
  2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Capela knows once he collected a HUGE check, it's time for vacation lol.

By the way, why does Capela has bird poop on his hair? I don't see that last year.

3. JazzLakerHater

Shouldn’t they have realized this in training camp or in preseason?

buffalobills!!! and bmelo like this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

"Hell yeah we practiced defence" said D'Antoni "we worked for half an hour on it"

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol guess you missed the sarcastic part

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lost season

7. xaos

xaos Member

p185013_b_v8_af.jpg

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The most obvious thing this year's team is not the same is Capela's hair. Everybody can see it. Fix it and see what happens.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep. McHale was right all along!

Doesn't matter who the coach is, if they don't play harder (clap, clap), they aren't going to win.

11. shlhl

shlhl Member

Easy. Easy Money:)

hakeem94 and Easy like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

MDA is imploding imo. We've seen this side of Mike. When things go wrong, it's all everyone else's fault. No blame for his preparation of the team, his uniquely designed practices and his assertion that they'll be fine without Bzdelik. He's dumped everything on the players: they just can't do it. Why? Why can't Capela/Tucker/Harden/Gordon/CP3 start while the rest pick it up? Those 5 guys are all experienced at running the defense and were an effective line up last season and at least what they lack in size they make up for in elite scoring. Why do we have to throw these players under the bus like a shitty teacher would blame FIFTEEN PEOPLE for not understanding.

IMO we can thank Tilman and MDA for this start. Morey knew this wasn't going to work. Looking back at the summer, I remember when Morey said "Coach thinks we're actually a better team than last year!". It didn't strike me at the time that this is a strange thing for the actual architect of the team to say. It sounds like when you f*** up a cake recipe and say "well my auntie said it tastes amazing despite how it looks!".

Also, Morey was adamant that what matters is the team that goes into the post season rather than the team you start the season with, another admission that this roster is not close to competing with our roster from the WCF. I don't know if it's confirmed we've offered 4 picks for Butler, but if true, that is the most desperate Morey has ever been.

This is going to spiral out of control if someone doesn't take the steering wheel. Installing a new defense 5 games into the season with MDA and an inexperienced Rogers at the helm is scary as hell.

13. MadRox

MadRox Member

Seeing how many layups and dunks we given up, I'd wish Zhou is healthy to atleast contest shots inside the paint.

buffalobills!!! and Little Bit like this.
  14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

it's concerning that the coaches didn't realize we have a different team until 4 Ls into the season

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  15. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Thats his 80-90 payday stamp poop.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Very good post

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is the pure and simple truth.

We have a bunch of lazy players who don’t like playing defense.

That’s all it really is.

Little Bit likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can imagine, what they would likely address are the opponents' points in the Paint.

19. delta69er

delta69er Member

This year's defensive switching has led to an UNGODLY amount of point blank layups given up to opposing teams once they've realized that they've gotten Clint on the perimeter and one of our guards on one of their bigs right under the basket. I don't recall this happening nearly as much last year.

It's like the whole league watched tape on how we played defense and adjusted accordingly and we had no backup plan.

Miss ya Jeff! :(

daywalker02 and bmelo like this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

for me it is silly to think 'we want our opponents to post up'. they have taken this analytics **** way too far. I don't want AD posting smaller guys 2 feet from the basket at all lol. Clog the f paint, particulary if teams like that arent known for their 3pt shooting