1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not one Nickel - not one Dime - you hear me Les!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 17, 2015.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I bought a swuut Rockets light jacket on a lightening deal through Amazon, half off for $40.00. I half offed you Les!

2. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

First off, this post is not meant as a reaction to not spending on the Rockets right now. It makes sense that, if the product sucks, people won't buy it.

However, from what it seems, the basketball side and business side are treated almost like separate organizations. Morey is responsible for outcomes, Tad Brown is responsible for revenue.

One might think that outcome has a very direct impact on revenue - to a certain extent, I think the Rockets organization understands that.

But they also largely understand that they provide a service - an opportunity for Houston-area businesses to provide experiences to their prospects, clients and employees. And, the business sector that drives Houston's economy is majorly suffering.

Rockets fans voicing their frustration with their wallet will most likely look like the salespeople are not effectively doing their jobs. But at the same time, if revenue drops this season, it will be really hard to tell if it was because fans were frustrated with the product versus the impact of Houston's oil and gas struggling.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why don't you write them a letter instead? They don't have time to be on Clutchfans, they're trying to fix their mess.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I would if I could heypartner! I wish you could make it by on Sunday.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Won't be in town by then.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

DD, I don't think you care enough. Sports are serious.

DaDakota likes this.
  7. TAB

TAB Member

It's all summed up with one word "effort". Our team lacks it. It's hard to be a fan of a team, no matter how talented, that lacks effort. On paper we should be winning more and that makes it that much worse. Honestly, I make it through about 2 qtrs. of each game before I have to go find something else to do. That should never be the case. But it is.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You started a thread? I bet it's really good. jk

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What's the name of your game and what platform can play it? As I recall, you are running a space ship or something. I'd like to check it out. Send it via a feedback and I'll see it for sure.

EDIT: Is it Star Citizen using Linux?

#69 don grahamleone, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  10. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

now that's funny!

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

You're not the only one feeling this way. I do not like this team at all. I just can't support a group that does not give an honest effort half the time, and it really feels like quite a few of the players on this team really don't give a damn. It's just not fun to watch.

12. basketballholic

Hilarious. But true. Would be great if about 15,000 of us did this.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Out of the 4 million+ in Houston?

Yeah that would be incredible. Wow

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

How old are you DD? I swear I thought you were only in your late 30s.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

For once i agree with you DD

DD

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

[​IMG]

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice sentiment but it doesn't matter. First of all no ticket rep is going to forward an angry email from a fan to Morey or Les.

Second of all, Les and Morey are already aware of the problem with the team - it's not like they can't see it. They know the fans aren't happy and they aren't happy either. They don't need emails to remind them.

18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

how exactly is the team going to change its attitude with James Harden at the helm and I dont think anyone would trade Harden because that will mean a full rebuild.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man.... I still have trouble talking the Rockets up to Spurs fans. I always say "next year", "this year", blah blah we got lawson or whoever stormile swift (remember that, lol). I don't recall them faltering so much with the expectations we've had. Hell a tmac team can at least force a game 7 round one (lol).... shoot this team might be swept if the Rockets don't get it together (I mean if they even make the playoffs once the schedule is tougher). We normally get laughed at by the Spurs fans after round one, but now they're laughing earlier than normal and the team is basically not a team...

The team needs to get it together, I can't keep pulling out Dream tapes/YouTube of 95 wc finals or the tmac miracle that doesn't mean **** to the Spurs fans, since that was basically tmac version of winning a championship. If the ****ing Spurs sweep the Rockets in round one... Then this is by far going to be my personal worst season of watching this team, and I've been on board since 87/88 or so and am from Hou.

Also this whole 3 team Allstars **** is stupid, play some ****ing ball, and get some solid role players like we thought we had (also... Another ego on this team, bull****, right?!?), and how the hell didn't Morey know DMo wouldn't be broken longer??? He should have just ****ing lied to Smith and told him he'd play 48 mins a game (it's not like TJones was in the running to do **** correctly and playing on fire, Lololol), it's also not like the chemistry could be any worse now!!! And from the looks of it who gives a **** lately about player relations, our last real signing was Howard and after that it doesn't seem to matter. Players are going to come where they can get money and win, if there's money it probably doesn't ****ing matter as long as you're more competent than the LAL/NYKs at running a ppt meeting and not telling players they can't play their natural spot... (lol @ Phil..). The nba changed a long time ago and it's not all about loyalty any longer, pretty sure once Duncan and kobe retire (sorta garnett), it'll basically be players moving more than now.

Also Lowry would have been nice, maybe just fire McHale for him during signing and not wait on bosh/Melo, lol I mean that's thinking ahead knowing future knowledge but whatever, can still pretend things are better..... We're rocket fans, right???

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

^and yes I know there's examples of players that put winning first, but we really only want the money first players, those are the real STARS!!! **** winning, right? That has to be a new motto soon for this team, if it isn't already.... Lol, okay that might be harsh, oh well, haha.