1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not one Nickel - not one Dime - you hear me Les!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 17, 2015.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You should threaten not to give them free publicity by posting on Clutchfans.

That will teach Leslie and Daryl.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Maybe not the worst, but definitely the most disappointing since I started watching. These guys just dont care.

3. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Mine was shorter:

"Better luck next year. Not interested in watching this scrub team."

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

In addition, teams are held accountable if they don't meet their revenue targets and would have to make up the shortfall

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dd's right but les cant do anything if all the players are gonna shove their heads up their asses. and it seems like the coach is joining by not playing thornton last game. now there's cyberx's rumor about the team needing "a bench scorer" wtf? are they watching the ****in games? WE NEED SOME ****IN DEFENSE!

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

James is somewhere walking around pantless, not really caring tickets buyers.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's not true. Only some of the revenue streams are shared equally (like national tv and NBA store/merchandising).

But even with revenue sharing, the majority of the local revenue is kept by the home-team owners. About 50% of tickets sales (after subtracting out fees for producing the sales and taxes), concessions, parking etc is given to the pool. And that includes Local TV revenue. The shared portion is split equally.

So, there is most certainly a huge amount of money Les retains for Local Sales, and not just Local TV deals.

You are just wrong if you think the home-team owners don't pocket a huge amount of money from tickets sales. With the direct income and the shared income from tickets, concessions and parking, Les receives roughly enough money to cover Player Salaries.

#47 heypartner, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Damnnnnnnnn

99ers punking the delusional no basketball knowledge idiot lars

- tinman rejoices :grin:

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That's great, you got me, my exageration went too far, but still my underlying point remains, a pissed off fan doesn't really matter.

DD apparently thinks he is important enough to have direct communication with first the GM and now the owner. He doesn't.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Keep thinking that business owners and leaders are not cognizant of what their hardcore fanbase like me are thinking.

That is what happens in bad businesses, and not one in which Morey or Les are running.

And BTW - If I wanted to, I could directly message either one of them - but I choose to vent publicly on the Rockets fan board. I believe they are very busy working on making this better, so not going to bother them directly - at least not yet. :)

And they could tell me my new game sucks - and I would listen to them.....company leaders CARE about the products they are selling.

DD

#50 DaDakota, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  11. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

DD, ignore vars. I'd wish you speak to them directly on the behalf of Rockete nation.

In DD we trust.

DB10

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This would make infinitely more sense.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DD could be Snapchatting away with Morey and Les!

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

sharing your frustration DD. This is my low point since the start to my fandom in 92'

15. alethios

alethios Member

Lately, when I'm out in town wearing my Rockets stuff or even driving around with Rockets logos outfitted on my vehicle, I can feel the laughter and pointed fingers coming from the townsfolk. I just feel like collapsing into a ball in the corner and crying.

It's gotten so bad that normally, my wife gives me Rockets gear for Christmas, but this year I'm only asking for Stros swag. :(:(:(:(:(

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I hear ya!

They already got my money for season pass and a trip to a game in Dallas...

but I told the gf - NO Rockets (or Titans) stuff for Christmas this year...

I didn't even take my Harden jersey to the game in Dallas... screw that dude!

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

maybe if revenue shrinks les will finally sell. so far he has turned away bidders

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is that on the inter Webs?

;)

DD

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

The worst thing about the horrible start this season is that it got DaDakota all riled up. Now he's posting manifestos every time we lose to a bad team.

You will not get one Nickel from me, Les, until you send DD back to his cave! :mad:

Deckard likes this.
  20. hodgo

hodgo Contributing Member

good on ya DD i agree mate