1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not one Nickel - not one Dime - you hear me Les!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 17, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

NBA team is a business and we are customers that they call fans. If you dont pay for the product it sends a message. And when the stadium is empty they will feel it.

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Yeah. there have been worse teams you felt had a chance because they were hustling and competing. Sometimes it seems like the rockets are just thinking they should win based on last year's effort.

3. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I ran into Les Alexander at the Marine Room in La Jolla a little over a year ago, shortly after they whiffed on Bosh. Really fancy place where, at high tide, the waves come crashing against the panoramic windows that overlook the Pacific. This was a special occasion for me, but I still had to watch what I ordered so I could pay rent that month. Stuff like $80 appetizers and $5,000 bottles of wine. Well Les and his 10 or so guests had their table piled to the brim with every expensive thing on the menu. I figure he spent probably $10,000+ on food and drinks just from what I saw. Really, there's no point to this story, but I just thought I'd share. I guess the moral of it is that Les probably doesn't care about your nickels and dimes.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

complete BS. Can you imagine saying that about a band packing that stadium 44 times a year?

17,687 ave tickets sold http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance
    $70 ave seat price
    44 games per year
    -------------------------------
    = $54.5 MILLION

And that doesn't count concessions and parking which Les owns, too.
    And that doesn't count playoffs.

Between the Tickets Sales and the Concessions/Parking, Les has enough money to pay for all the Player Salaries.

That's not a drop in the bucket.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Don't know if its Les's fault. I doubt it. He spend the money to bring the stars and role players.

Bottom line though - this bunch sucks ass and am not spending any money on them either.

Season ticket rep called me last week and I blurted out laughing at the thought of spending money on these losers.

6. malakas

malakas Member

actually he can. He is the boss.
    He can do plenty of things first of all making the players have double practices every single day.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Give it at least 3 stars

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Agreed

#28 Scionxa, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah he is alright, I have made my peace.

He lacks vision.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, he is not.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I got a similar email and sent back a similar message. They even responded back with some BS about the email being automatically generated and that the inbox isn't being monitored. But I know I got my point across!

Not a cent, not a quarter -- Until Harden plays harder!

12. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

The OP is an emotional dude, so I'll respect his opinions. But let's be honest here, we're only a quarter of a season in. There are MAJOR chemistry issues here, and we're playing extremely uninspired ball. But it's not as if this season's already over or a waste. Any # of things could happen that could ignite this team right up to elite level. It could be a trade, coaching change, or as simple as Harden picking up from last year. And just like that we could be 3rd or 4th seed.

It may not be a good comparison, but even the 94-95 team only won 47 games in the regular season. I remember even after the trade for Clyde, we weren't exactly firing on all cylinders. But they came together and made the magical run in the playoffs. Not comparing this team to that, but just last year we were seeing threads such as 'Harden best Rocket since Dream'....Point is we're all disappointed, but to label this the worst team in history 25 games in is an exaggeration. There are serious issues, but let's just go with it and see where we are in March. That's what fans are supposed to do.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HeyDude,

I didn't say it was the WORST in history, just that it is possibly the laziest one in history, at least from what I can see.

DD

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I was also considering buying Rockets/Spurs tix until I saw the product they are putting on the court this season. This team blows. They are painful to watch and are straight up embarrassing as a fan. Until they show they care and compete for 48 minutes game in and game out, I'm not even giving them time beyond checking the score.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not BS.

All that money goes into a revenue sharing pool and is split among the teams.

They keep some of the money, true, but fans have no real impact.

Like most of DD's posts, this is meaningless and completely misguided.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, fans of the team demanding a better effort is meaningless.

Larvs used to be cool..but it sure seems like a lot of fans feel as I do - it is ok, if you don't think this is serious, we can disagree - but know one thing, I am right, and you are wrong.

:)

DD

17. csc177

csc177 Member

Repped. I feel the same way.

18. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn show him the true power of the 99ers Darthdakota!
    Clutchfans is fully operational! !!

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No, that's wrong.

There is revenue sharing but it's limited to about 50%.

So maybe check facts before calling other people misguided