1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Not good :( Pheonix beating Detroit on the road!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jamalccc, Mar 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

Pheonix leading Detroit 56-45 at the half. This is not good at all:(

2. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Of all people Bo Outlaw is tearing it up and on his way to a triple double with 12pts 5 assist 7 reb. aint that a b****!

3. min

min Member

kiss our play off hopes good bye!!!

4. Trickdaddy1319

who didn't see this coming?

5. Buckets

Buckets Member

detroit making a run and sort of close in the 4th. only 1 point down right now a few minutes in.

6. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

Not anymore.

7. montelwilliams

I told you Suns would win. I also said Suns would go to playoffs.

Now do you believe me?

8. Fatty FatBastard

Game over. Suns won. :(

9. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

I love my Rockets, but the fact is that the Suns deserve it more.

Look at the Sun's last couple of games where they came through in the last minutes (against Toronto and Detroit). Compare that to Houston's collapses and lack of execution in close last-minute losses to Sacramento and LA.

I just don't get a sense of confidence with Houston's personnel when the game's on the line in the closing minutes and that's simply not the signature of a playoff team.

10. Trickdaddy1319

Couldn't agree more. Rockets flounder on the road against good teams. Suns seem to play well in that situation. Rockets don't deserve the playoffs this year.

11. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

Ahhh, no. There are 10 games left, and the Rockets has a better schedule. It doesn't mean they will take advantage on it, but since you ain't a prophet either, how can I believe you on something in the future?

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

The Rockets are one game back. Its certainly not over. But damn this is one of those games the Suns are suppose to lose. The Suns went into San Antonio and Detroit and won. The Rockets aren't capable of doing that. The Suns have the momentum, but its definitely not over for the Rockets. Our guys better turn this thing around right now because time is running out. Hopefully that tounge lashing Larry gave them and the advantage of owning the tiebreaker will get this team into the playoffs. I still think this race for the 8th spot will go down to the wire. makes it kind of fun to at least be in the race.

13. roswell raygun

The lesson from tonight is that the Rockets had better not count on going 5-5 the rest of the way and sneaking into the playoffs. If they want to make it, they're going to have to win some tough games, just like the Suns are doing.

14. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

Congratulations. It must be the biggest achievement in your life. Have you told your mum? She must be really proud of you.

15. knifejc

knifejc Member

Do the playoffs start tomorrow:confused:

16. montelwilliams

No, I don't need validation from anyone. The validation is the Suns going to the playoffs, while the Rockets don't.

17. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

The Suns have proven lately against San Antonio and Detroit that they can win tough road games against championship contenders. This is the key to going into the playoffs. And this is something the Rockets have not done the past two games. I hope that the Rockets took the day off and watched Phoenix play with a fire under their butts in Detroit.

18. AGBee

AGBee Member

What a horrible last shot by Billups. Of course, Kobe got that call against us right before halftime in the last game :rolleyes:

They showed Marbury whispering into Billups' ear right before that play. Wonder what Marbury said to Billups.

19. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

"you wanna get together later cutie?"

20. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I truly hope the Rockets come out pumped and beat the Nuggets later on today. A lose would truly end any playoff hopes. It would be heartbreaking to go down to the last breath of the regular season like this and not to make the playoffs. :(