1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

I think if you look at our gray alternate and our black one for next year they might have a preview of new unis in them. Our current primary unis have the arched rocket look On the jersey and shorts. On the new alternates they both have the checkered style that replicates the look of old rockets. Kinda makes me think when Nike takes over in 2017 our primary unis might be that design as well. Might be why the black one isn't out until next year. Thus building to new primary uniforms the next year.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

I don't think a team has ever turned an alternate into their primary uniforms. There have been some very popular alternate uniforms and i can't think of a single team that made them full time other than before the Sixers rebrand, they switched their alt blue to the primary away and made their original primary red into the alternate. There might be more examples but i can't think of any.

3. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Not saying they are using the alternates as the new uniforms. I'm saying the new design of the checkered rocket pattern on the side panel of the uniforms could lead to a primary uniform change with the new checkered side panels. White home and Red road with the new checkers side panels, and also have the clutch city, gray, and black alternates.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yes and that's also included with what i was saying that no team has taken influence from an alternate uniforms design to make their primary uniforms. It's highly, highly doubtful. It's really a waste of a cool design on a stupid and dull gray uniform with sleeves and a black uniform just for blacks sake that looks slapped together with mismatching white numbers and letters.

5. omgTHEpotential

My work in progress... :)

[​IMG]

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Scrap it, start over. I think we've had enough of looking like a Microsoft Paint product

7. bmd

bmd Member

I love the black alternates. I wish they'd make a red away jersey and white home jersey and make it the new home and away uniforms.

Glad they didn't use that scratchy Chinese-looking font on the front of it.

I like the simplicity and even like the somewhat hidden checkered stripes down the side as a nod to the "rockets" in the space program. I like how it's different shades of black because it makes it very subtle.

[​IMG]

8. bmd

bmd Member

Something like this:

[​IMG]

(and I know there is still some light blue around the letters... couldn't remove it without messing it up).

9. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

bmd - The home white should have the checkerboard in black as to match the real look of the gemni/titan rockets. I think the away red could get away with doing a dark red or silver, but black on the red would look great too IMO.

omgTHEpotential - Those are solid. A bit on the cartoony side IMO. Maybe it's just the letters im not a fan of. Not sure.

For all you concept guys,

I personally really love the dribbling Ben Franklin logo that the Sixers use. Do you guys think you could try a concept with a sort of cartoony/fun looking astronaut with jet pack? I was thinking of a modernized version of our 1st logo:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

i like it, maybe a bit too 'cute' though

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Here's my take.
    <BR>

13. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Eh, thought I would try also.... trying to hit on the combo of retro (championship years) and modernizing it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Looks like a boner

15. onreego

onreego Member

You have a weird looking boner...

16. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

lolll

17. rockets13champs

Make the blue lining into yellow and make the yellow jersey outline into red

18. bmd

bmd Member

Did this instead... the work is very rough but it gives an idea.

[​IMG]

19. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Can someone tweet these at DM?

20. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

and the new logo design as well.