1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

The HR logo has grown on me actually.

The R from the HR logo with a roundel around it looks pretty cool IMO

[​IMG]

Where the flame lights the bottom, on a 2D version, just use yellow at the bottom coming from the bottom of the R to go around the roundel to resemble the fire. Houston around the top. Rockets around the bottom since the league requires city and team name in the primary logo

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'd rather just do that white one you quoted for an alternate to our simple and classic look, because i like it, but it just feels like a once a month uniform. It does have a lot of potential by looking like an actual rocket. I was think at the bottom of the shorts trim where it has the red outlines in the middle of the black, it should be yellow to show the flames of the rocket lifting off if that makes sense.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hawks
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Warriors
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sixers
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Suns
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Kings
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Jazz
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And we got 'Human Resources' and dripping paint. Get with the program Leslie!

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#MoarRoundels

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Damn seeing all of those modernized retro looks pisses me off. Though a few of them blew it on color choices and design.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

I happen to love roundels. Though a shield is cool too. For me, it makes sense to make the Rockets logo look like a patch an astronaut would wear on their suit, so roundel or shield makes sense.

7. onreego

onreego Member

Showing this a lot earlier in the process than I would like but seeing JRs post along with the Kings logo leak made want to share.

I started on this a couple years ago and really haven't taken the time to focus on it.

Love it or Rip it apart if you'd like. I'd love to hear any critique of these initial concepts.

Spoiler due to image size.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

At this point i wouldn't even be mad at a return to red, white and blue because it makes sense with matching the Texans, Astros blue and NASA and Texas flag. Probably prefer red to be primary over blue though.
    [​IMG]

I used to have a crazy idea that if we ever rebranded again and Les never wanted to go back to red and yellow because he hates it, that we could do Orange and Blue because astronauts have the white suit obviously and then they also have an orange astronaut suit. The blue would be the alternate based off the astronaut overalls(sorry i dont know the name of all their outfits).

Home based off this:
    [​IMG]

Away based off this:
    [​IMG]

ALT based off this:
    [​IMG]

Of course if orange was too much of a change even though it matches astros and dynamo, you could always just keep it red or go in between and do a red+orange mix to stand out from the Suns away jerseys. Though the Suns are now ALT. There is no team that is Orange primary away in the NBA. Knicks(ALT), Thunder(ALT).

Just trying to think outside the box.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

I LOVE the 2 bottom logos. I love the idea of the Rocket lifting off into Space. Not a fan of the wordmark you're using. I think the bottom right is my fave for the roundel if the Rocket was a different color to stand out more. The bottom left one is a really awesome idea that i've yet to see anywhere, but i think it needs something more that i can't quite think of right now. Maybe just the plain red bold outline is throwing it off?

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Can i see the middle one with black instead of gray please?

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

onreego, you should post those concepts on Sportslogos.net forums They will give you great feedback to help you make those logos as best as possible.

1 person likes this.
  12. onreego

onreego Member

Thanks for the advice. I probably wouldn't do that until I can really spend more time. As mentioned, these were just some initial concepts.

Glad you like them though. I'll get you a couple looks at those color options when I get a chance. Doin' design work that pays the bills at the moment. :p

13. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Nice work, onreego! Can't think of any fan made logos I've liked more.

14. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwim3PeCzrTMAhVDiiwKHTuKDMoQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F1391484-25-uniforms-clearly-designed-by-a-colorblind-person&psig=AFQjCNGrF36SfKuyN3MRhxR2B8hk8m-AEw&ust=1462045408495653[/IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some old-school versions of the red and gold! Bring a modern version of these...

15. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

16. onreego

onreego Member

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Been a fan for over 20 years and I'd really like to buy a Rockets Jersey again but I've refused to buy the current design. Maybe I'll just make my own with my logo someday. Lol

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i've always wondered if it would be better to just have one set of colors for all of the major sports in a city...but i guess because of tradition, it wouldn't be possible now...I like these colors, but would fans embrace them or just complain about wanting to be the Texans?

Can someone shop the old font out and replace it with something better?

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

People will always want a return to the classic red and gold look. We kind of sucked for over 20 years in those uniforms and the change probably would have been welcomed in Houston after 92 when they only won 42 games following 4 straight first round exits. We just happened to win 2 titles in a row when LES wanted a change and that's now the look we will forever be remembered in. IIRC Les tried to cancel the rebrand after our first title, but it was too late and i think i read the process took 2 seasons back then. So basically Les bought the team and submitted logos for the rebrand and then we won a title that same year. The rebrand was ready by 95 to be worn for the 95-96 season.

The first rebrand ended in disappointment. A sweep by our rivals the year after winning a championship made the fans hate that we changed our look even more. The John Stockton shot. Our older big 3 let down. Pippen let down. Hakeem not retiring here. Lottery bound seasons. Francis dribbling away toward more lottery bound seasons. A rookie season of the big fella. Things are looking up. Time for a rebrand.
    New uniforms inspired IMO by Asian market. Gave LAL a good fight. JVG and Francis falling out. Excitement in the air. T-MAC is a Rocket?!? OMG. 2-0 flick the chin game winner. Lose next 3 in a row. Lose game 7 by over 40. Injuries. Trade our suffering seasons prize draft pick for a no stats defensive role player. Up 2-0 in another series. Yay 2nd rnd! Nope. Lose in 7. 22 IN A ROW!!!! Breaking News: Yao out for season. Injuries. Injuries. Injuries. No rebuild. #14 pick. #14pick. #14 pick. Undersized PF's. We got James Harden! We got Dwight Howard! Perfect time for a rebrand? Nope. Wild, exciting comeback win. Clutch city is back. Destroyed in WCF followed by the most miserable season in recent Rockets memory and the most embarrassing first round exit with 3 games of the series blown out by over 26 points. Going to lose Dwight and have to start all over with a new coach too.

What other time could be more perfect for a rebrand than now??

19. dream2franchise

Completely agree.

Gonna work on a brand 'upgrade'.

1 person likes this.
  20. Texas321

Texas321 Member

The pics of the new red and blue are soooooo much better then the current uniforms. I actually think these would be one of the best in the league. Also throw in a all black with red as an alternate for a game here and there. Would be badass.