1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. acjeitherocket

Dam that's sick!!!! Nice work bro

2. macho87

macho87 Member

The worst part of the current ones is the circles or rings on the sides. Looks like a candy cane. These look waaaay better

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's all about teh contrast.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He is! ;-)-

5. Apps

Apps Member

As much as I would prefer the Ketchup and Mustards, I agree with this post. The futurism of the jerseys actually gives some context to the logo and makes it work. We would probably have the most cutting edge aesthetic if these jerseys made their way onto the court.

6. Trackball

Trackball Member

The actual biggest problem I have with our current jerseys isn't the letter design, but the NUMBER design. It just seems really out-of-place on a sports uniform. That's why I'm thankful you went with more normal-looking numbers on your jersey design--well done, man. A shame you don't work for the team.

That said, as flawed as our current jerseys are, I think we can all agree that they are far, FAR better than those pinstripe pajamas we wore from 1995 to 2003, correct? Good grief, even Hakeem Olajuwon couldn't make those look good. (Though I admittedly do have a soft spot for the court design used in the 1995-96 season, with the "paint" having no paint, but everything else from the 3-point arc inward was painted dark blue. But I can see why they changed it away from that.)

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Are we able to send these to the Rockets management and tell them to get jerseys like these?

8. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

I pray the Rockets organization takes notice of those jerseys. Great job, man.

9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

I want one!!!! Where do we sign the petition to get it rolling?

10. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Great mockups. If I could modify something it would be the home shorts. If there was a thin red stripe up the sides it would refine it. As it is I think the shorts are too white and could be mistaken for practice/normal shorts.

11. Handles

Handles Member

Seriously, wow. These are the best jerseys I've ever seen posted here. By far.

I would buy the **** out of these.

12. Andrewgarza713

Andrewgarza713 New Member

Jerseys

I like them, I never liked the wide shoulders that our current ones have

13. dream2franchise

Appreciated.

It took a little while to get it to that. Representing silver in fabric is tricky. My Photoshop is not where I thought it was so it seems as though the back silver is darker than the front. I'll probably go back and tweak it down the line but I was seriously working in 5 minute windows in between tasks at my actual job. I just wanted to get it online already lol

I love the modern cuts. Those looking for the old 90's crew necks won't get those entirely in my designs, but I've thought of a way to work them into the modern style so hopefully I can get around to those. Most likely starting with the Ketchup and Mustard Rockets, or the Knicks. Tossing it up.

To think I was hesitating even putting these online after all of it. Again, I appreciate all of the comments. (Now if we could just get them posted on the blog itself;))

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Is it possible to custom make a jersey to look like that? If it is not too expensive, and/or possibly illegal, I would wear it to all the home games to try and promote your idea.

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I heard That Dwight likes!

16. onreego

onreego Member

This is pretty funny. Only because I've been wanting to do a logo change (my industry) which I've been doing on my breaks. Trying to do a updated retro thing and was going to post it and get opinions on changes and what nots. When I have something worth putting up we might have to join forces and then push this thing to their front office :p

17. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

sweeeet!!

18. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Everyone should tweet a picture of these jerseys to Morey.

19. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

dude thoseslook sick..the only thing i dont like is the font. a more retro looking font could look pretty nice. and try the red and gold!

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

Very nice work. Would look even better on some legit talent. Kudos.