1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not a big fan of Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IBTL, Dec 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Space City

him losing weight was terrible for his game.

he was ok at bullying guys in the post but now he's rail thin and stays getting pushed around.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Kevin Love probably isn't worth what the Cavs are paying him, but there are a lot of players like him.

He is the bellwether on this Cavs playoff run. If he becomes consistently productive and throws in a couple of 25/10s per series, Cavs can make the Finals. But he's gotta shoot better and score more or they have no chance.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

still not a fan.

He was not the savior to rockets or anyone else clutchfans thought.

This is just a 'never really was... Never will be' moment

RudyTBag and J.R. like this.
  4. ballscientist1

LeBron and Love's defensive rating is at the bottom this playoffs so far.

When I checked last time

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I just remember when i was in bar watching that 2008 nba draft, Remember people saying he might be the next big thing that ever played Powerforward, and that fast forward to those years in minny when he was putting up monster numbers 26.1/14, basically stat padding to look good, but his team was trash, and never got close to the playoffs.

I just dont think he was as good as people thought he be. Yea he had some numbers, but what did he do as far as helping his team win? So why i never was a big fan. Yea i guess injuries have take a toll on his career, at 29. He might not be the same player anymore. Big guys like him probably will just be 13-10 for awile until 35 and they are force to retire. Big men never last very long. At least he got 1 ring with lebron.

#65 Le$$, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    ramotadab, Hakeemtheking and saleem like this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Would you trade ryan anderson for klove?

Considering the spacing and range anderson gives us way past 3 point line ..I would say no

7. Mr. Space City

ryno highkey a better defender than love

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Love is playing with a messed up thumb.

Also he has improved greatly at defense since arriving in Cleveland.

He isn’t a superstar and has plenty of warts, with the fact that he is hurt a lot being at the top of the list.

Stil, the Rockets would deal Anderson for Love in a second.

Vivi, roslolian and tycoonchip like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Anderson for $20M
    Love for $24-$25M

Pass on both. ;)
    Give me two role players for one of either.

10. ballscientist1

I post my idea a few months ago

2 steps to send out Ryan.

Step 1 : get Love
    Step 2, trade love out

IBTL likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is based on what? His 0 pts the previous game or his 2 pts the last game? Or maybe his -12 the previous game or his -2 the last game?

I have had it with the Anderson apologists making **** up about Ryan Anderson. He sucks, period.

BigO likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

So you would make the trade? He may not be as good in your mind as kevin love but your argument is not klove sucks ( point of my thread) but that anderson sucks.

While i may not think anderson is a world beater he gives us 3 point spacing that klove does not.

It further solidifies my point that klove sucks and is not worth a bag of beans. Even anderson. You are the one that brought up anderson btw

13. Houston112

Houston112 Member

him playing with Lestatpadder is terrible for his game, name a player that Lebron has made better like Harden did with Clint

All-Stars get worse around Lebron, wade,bosh, love, rose, crowder, isiah thomas. Unless you want to spot up in the corner and shoot all day, you can not play with lebum

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

At the time I posted this thread he was a bigger clutchfans darling than damon stoudimire ever was here. Thats saying something.

People were sure about this guy and I saw him as a derek harper on mavericks stat pad scenario.
    At the time klove was even included when people use phrases like 'big 3' .to call him that would be as laughable as doing same with anderson.

Are we overpaying for the range and spacing anderson gives us? Sure but that is mutually exclusive of fact that klove x years later has proven to be an also ran and about latrell sprewell or middle tier hype like gilbert arenas level. Not the messiah many predicted. In that same vein a guy like gasol has had more of a career. In fact at this point i would put derek harper latrell spreewell gilbert arenas ahead of klove atill..

Also at this point it feels like anderson could still provide us value and even decoy from 3. Even if anderson ends up staying behind klove in terms of total career. That is really saying something that in end sprewell or even a guy like vin baker did more. People had such high hopes for klove. They were wrong.

Im wrong all the time but I was right here. Klove sucks

15. Mr. Space City

lebron turned mo williams into an all-star

16. Houston112

Houston112 Member

i think mo williams was voted in, because the cavs had the best record in the league at the halfway mark

17. Mr. Space City

mo williams had career highs in in ppg, 3 pt %, 3 pointers made, PER, TS% OWS, DWS, WS/48, OBPM, DBPM, BPM, VORP, etc with lebron james.

you asked who has lebron made better and he made mo williams better.

roslolian likes this.
  18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I was a fan, but at this point I'm pretty sure I was wrong about the guy.

19. Houston112

Houston112 Member

are you serious right now, kevin love would be a way better player with harden than lebum. No question i do that trade

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL why are you so down Kevin Love? We are terribly overpaying for Anderson because a guy like Klove is better at everything else and makes around the same amount:

Anderson 3 pt: 38% 5.1 attempts
    Love: 41% 5.6 attempts
    Anderson rebs per 36: 6.9
    Love rebs per 36: 11.2
    Anderson win shares: 4.8
    Love win shares: 6.4

Keep in mind Kevin Love was asked to play out of position at center yet he is still better than Anderson in all aspects. If we had Kevin Love instead of Anderson in this team the Rockets would be a lock to beat GSW no questions asked.