1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not a big fan of Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IBTL, Dec 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Kevin Love has a very good post game. People think because he shoots a lot of 3s that he is a perimeter only PF which is far from the truth. Kevin Love is a complete offensive player.

2. SuraGotMadHops

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

So who do you rather get then?

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well if IBTL says it...I'm on board

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

His shooting touch is off because he f***ed up his hand. He's an excellent rebounder and offensive player. I don't know if he is an elite shot creator, but if he's a #2 option, he's probably the best #2 option in the entire NBA.

6. il italiano

il italiano Member

Kevin Love Overrated? try underrated. he is easily the best PF in the league now. better than pau, duncan, garnett, zbo, bosh, aldrige, griffen, etc. He is the best rebounder in the game and a complete offensive player.

He is just coming back from an injury and people are so quick to call him overrated? ridiculous.

IBTL likes this.
  7. jvu

jvu Member

I agree. I too, believe alderman isn't using him properly. Kevin mcHale will make him a stud and I'm pretty sure he would love to come down here.

Btw Kevin love is only 24 and already is the best rebounder. Also, still has yet to reach his prime. If he grows with harden 23.

If we aquired love, we would have the #1 SG and #1 PF. Give love some time and he is currently recovering from an arm injury.

IBTL likes this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Minnesota local media isn't too crazy about him either

9. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

I think he is a good player not a great one

10. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, that's one of the most interesting things. A hardworking player who boards a lot and apparently dominates. The GM of the team is Kahn and they're known for mismanaging players.

And yet so many fans are lukewarm on Kevin Love and don't like his attitude. Usually on a team like that they worship their star (Like Orlando T-MAc, KG in Minny). It's very interesting to see that fans are much bigger fans of Rubio and even Shved/AK47.

11. jae713

jae713 Member

Stool Cory Bro.

12. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Whoa The Big Fundamental can still get it done...Tim Duncan is balling this year and Love is not better than him

13. Chamillionaire

Who is this "Smith"? Greg?

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

This guy:
    [​IMG]

15. il italiano

il italiano Member

Duncan is absolutely beast right now but its not certain that he can continue this form deep in the playoffs if he his minutes arent limited. thats why id give the edge to love, who is an elite PF today and for the future.

16. AFS

AFS Member

Am I the only one who was bothered by how they kept spelling it 'tonite?'

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Kevin Love is getting the Tmac treatment because he's not trying, similar to when LBJ got **** from Cleveland fans even when he took the Cavs to game 7 against the Celts. Deep inside, the Wolves fans know if he wanted to Love could have dominated the game.

Maybe he's hurt right now, but when Love was serious about winning he didn't let his injury stop him and got something like 20-16 during his first game back. Now all he really did in the game was shoot jumpers and stick close to Morris (who wise floated at the perimeter the whole game). I think he's checked out of Minny and is just waiting for a trade.

Love isn't a good defender, but his rebounding is so amazing he more than makes up for it. Sure he can't stop elite PFs, but if the shot misses you bet he's gonna get the rebound. And because of his passing, he can make plays for everyone once he does get the reb. Defensive rebs become instant offense, offensive rebs give the team another chance to score. He'd be perfect on our squad because Harden, Parsons and Lin are developing into really good off the ball players.

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He's a bad defender and shoots too many 3s for my liking. But he could be a good fit in Houston with Asik and our need for a stretch 4. Just at the right price...

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Is it me or does Kevin Love not as much of a force anymore? Wonder why any team would want this guy. Hes like a quite 15-10, that shoots 3's now. 22 mil a year?

[​IMG]

IBTL and J.R. like this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Anderson's making 20M and gave you only 2 pts so...

As far as stretch PFs go Kevin Love is one of the best in the game. The only issue with him is he is injury prone but apart from that he is decent.