1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not a big fan of Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IBTL, Dec 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Clutchfans at it's finest :rolleyes:

You think he shoots to many 3s? Maybe he does. But last year he shot around 40% from 3, very efficient. He's down this year, because of his hand, so yes he is taking too many 3s right now, but he is still a great 3 point shooter.

The fact that people claim they wouldn't want him is ridiculous. He stepped on Scola's face, yes, but besides that he's never been in any trouble like that. I loved Scola as a Rocket, but he almost brings it upon himself. Is stepping on someone justified? NO. But Scola flops constantly which is very annoying, and Love has yet to have another incident.

This is like saying you wouldn't sign LeBron if he was willing because he's a jerk because he left Cleveland.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Blake Griffin is watchable now that he's stopped whining after every whistle and showing bad body language on the bench. Love needs someone to tell him to stop it and just play the game.

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

That beard makes me dislike him even more, would be terrible to have him and Harden + Parsons sporting some funky ass beards like that. It does match though and wouldn't suprise me if we got Love.

4. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I'd gladly take him on the Rockets, given if the Rox could land him for a decent price.

5. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I have a fairly commonly held opinion?

Better make my own thread!

[​IMG]

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He looked extremely scrubby tonight.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Buy-low time! ;)

8. supdudes

supdudes Member

You're reaching here.

Personally I like him and David Lee. I think Love is slightly better. Sportsmanship is overrated. Ask JVG, THE LEAGUE NEEDS MOAR BLOOD :grin:

Gotta respect his game. Would love to see him traded for Pau.

9. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It's okay OP, I happen to love Kevin Love, so it all evens out...

10. munco

munco Member

I think he's a little overrated. He puts up monster stats and if it were just about stats he'd be a top 5 player but I don't think he's that good.

11. VBG

VBG Member

If you look at Kevin Love's individual numbers they are fantastic.

If you look at him in the context of the team, it is another story though. His teams perform at the same rate with him on the court or off the court. He has never made the players around him better in any way.

I'm not as high on him as other people are.

All of his team advanced stats (like RAPM which Duruvasa loves using) show that his teams don't really play better with him on the court which is troubling.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

He's a pretty good fit next to Asik though

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He's a perfect fit next to Asik. Love is everything Asik isn't on offense and vice versa.

14. VBG

VBG Member

I mean Pekovic isn't bad either. Can't play D but he's a beast down low.

Also I have no idea what I was thinking because Kevin Love has pretty solid RAPM.

Weird. Getting confused.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I like how the Wolves commentators mentioned at the beginning of the game how he was so fixated on following his own 3 pt shot for the rebound he gave up an easy fast break Morris lay up on the other end when he could've easily picked him up. Then later they kept talking about how Houston was lucky they had a superstar that could put the team on his back and score at well..and how they wish they had one. Great player but Love is sort of a big stat chaser, and a lot of times doesn't do the little things.

16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I hate Kevin Hate

17. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

He has been playing with two injuries to his shooting hand to start this season, so maybe it's only fair to judge Love based on last season's performance and just (I guess) assume that he is essentially the same player he was then that he is now, just banged up.

That still gives his critics plenty to talk about, though--like how the Wolves don't seem to be a better or worse team whether he plays or not--and that's just for starters.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'd take him though he's a little overrated. Not to fond of bigs that don't have a post game. Asik even has a better post game than Love.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

In this NBA, not many bigs have a post game.

20. Asian Sensation

I think he fell in love with the 3 point shot too much. It reminds me of when Charles Barkley started shooting 3's. Just do what you're great at which is beasting inside and try to be automatic from the midrange. But regardless of that he's still the best PF in the game.

You guys that say Love wouldn't make us much better are crazy. If we could somehow land Love while keeping our core we'd be contenders for the next 5 years bare minimum.