1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Non star targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Since it looks like we are going to need at least a few decent minimum signings, and we lack young players, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on Maurice Ndour? Some positives:

1) Waived by Knicks, so he's likely to be a good player.
    2) I watched one game by chance where he played last season. Good with the ball, good inside, was very active defensively.
    3) Played pro ball for one of the best non-NBA teams in the world, Real Madrid. I like players from Europe because they grasp ball/player movement philosophy more readily.
    4) Solid 6'9, 210, athletic. We need guys with these physical attributes if they can switch on to guards and C's with ease on defense, help superstars on offense.

At present, he seems to have no 3pt shot. But is a good FT shooter and good offensive player otherwise, so for the minimum maybe we take the bet on our ability to develop his 3pt shot?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ezeli just got waived by Port. made all that money and never suited up once

He should be a really cheap option for a bench big

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

How about "first name 20, last name 10" (more like "first name 12, last name 7" now) or "1/2 man, 1/2 amazing" (more like "1/2 man, 1/4 amazing, 1/4 old")?

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wouldn't mind Henderson to fill out the bench.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So pretty obvious now, although we know how much MDA and Morey love players who can shoot the 3, this team is upping the risk profile FURTHER by looking for incredible shooters at all 5 starting positions and even all the bench players.

I legit think the plan here is to have 7-8 players who can hit north of 38% at huge volumes. The only exceptions are Capela and Millsap.

Paul, Harden, Anderson, Ariza, Gordon can conceivably do it though they've had ups and downs. We've heard about Nick Young and JJ Reddick who are both excellent shooters. You add George to that list, or even Melo at the 4 spot, and you have basically 48 minutes of 4 elite shooters and a PnR C like Capela.

So at any given time, your FOURTH best shooter will be someone like Ariza, who is a career excellent shooter (excluding this past season). Pretty crazy.

6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

With Dantoni's offense (his short rotations), we need versatile players who can dribble the ball, put pressure on the D, can run the PnR, and play/defend multiple positions. Diaw-like players really thrive in his system. Enter James Johnson

saleem likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Good to hear that Houston is interested in him too. I'm not keen on Morey's meeting with Redick. I hope he will meet with Tucker quickly.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice depth for the right price.

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Yes sir. If we can't get Milsap he should be next up at PF. Gotta have players that are versatile. Last year we had too many one trick players. Good teams took away the 3 and they couldn't do nuthin else!

saleem and joshuaao like this.
  12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Any interest in Ezeli? He hasn't played in two years but would help off bench in limited minutes at minimum. Health permitting...

13. Lightsnowaction

A nice player Mike D'Antoni can play around with is Tyreke Evans. Would be a real bargain.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Not a big fan of PJ Tucker but guys like him are always needed to win ships it seems.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmao the Knicks can't even get Teague

16. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Gambadoro's new wife

[​IMG]

Gambadoro's daughter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like him, but I wonder how is his passing like. He looks like he is going to try and stay in Miami.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm fine with PJ Tucker

Brings in some much needed D and a big butt to bang in the paint

roslolian, Yaosthirdleg and saleem like this.
  19. CALI_MOST_WANTD

No! I can't stand this player! Living in LA area always hearing about something about this dummy. Even some my Lakers fans friends can't stand him on their team. He is why I tell those friends and others Ball and Lakers going have issues. Might not be with ball himself but I see the dad and nick young going at it. Both got issues about being over confident on their talents.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He's never been a good 3 point shooter. I'm not a huge fan if he is going to be a liability for the three point line.