1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Non-Comcast Customers: How many games have you watched?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CometsWin, Mar 20, 2014.

Tags:
?

Non-Comcast customers, how many games have you watched on TV or online?

1. 0 games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-5 games

11 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. 6-10 games

22 vote(s)
    12.4%
  4. 11-25 games

33 vote(s)
    18.5%
  5. All of them!

112 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I second this as a fellow Austinite. Although LP isn't cheap, I like that I can DVR games or use the NBA App on my PS3 which allows me to choose which broadcast I want to listen to... some of the opposing team's broadcasts are so biased and lousy (I think the Mav's broadcasts have been especially bad, if memory serves) its almost unwatchable.

I did find it pretty hilarious that the Jazz broadcast the other day was extremely Rockets-friendly... they had an entire "beard" segment to boot, lol.

2. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Live in the north texas area so I see them all via LP.

But, one thing I noticed this year and it may be because of this whole Comcast thing, is we don't get HD Houston's feed for home games...have to listen to "guest" announcers. If there is no HD feed, then we get Bill, Clyde & Bull.

3. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

I just got comcast like last week, before that i used ballstreams, n watched every single game.

Proud to say I didnt miss a game so far this season.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

All the national games on TV and all the other games (since January) on my laptop.

EFF YOU, COMCAST.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

When I am watching the games (all of them), I always enjoy the fact that Comcast can't count me as a viewer for their advertising purposes.

So, I get to watch the games (in HD), and Comcast gets absolutely nothing out of it.

**** you Comcast. **** you so hard.

6. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

**** Comcast and expensive ass ballstream. NBA-Stream is the way to go, even if the feeds sometimes are kinda garbage. At least it's not freaking $600 or something.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I watch them after downloading them, but I'm behind a couple games right now. Other than that, I've only missed like 5. Not sure what poll choice to select :confused:

9. MONON

MONON Member

I have LP & NBATV in the middle of Spurs country. Only getting the Rockets feed about 1/3rd of the time is the only draw back. I've missed maybe 5 games due to conflicts.

10. NotChandlerParsons

All of them...without paying a penny to Comcast. I can't even get Comcast out here in the woods, nor would I even if I could.

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Recently Directv has been listing (houston broadcast) and (other team broadcast) thank god.

I always had 4 channels on LP showing the game, 2 standard and 2 HD but it was a coin toss setting the dvr on the HD channels cz sometimes id record the opposing teams broadcast. Aint nobody got time for that.

12. jonnyreno

jonnyreno Contributing Member

Same here!

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I've watched the majority of them... but not on TV.

Definitely less enthusiastic about tuning in when it's such bad picture and sound quality and I have to sit at my computer instead of the couch, though

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I said all of them. I have league pass and live in Eugene, OR. You're move CSN.

15. thething

thething Contributing Member

I'm ready for CSN to just fail so the Rockets can get their media rights. Let the bankruptcy be over.

They should pay for being so mean to their customers.

16. RedJinx

RedJinx Member

If you have LP in Houston but do not have comcast, you can watch it online using your LP account BUT you have to find a public proxy server and set it up on your network settings. Make sure the proxy is outside of Houston.

The only time when the LP with proxy doesn't work is when the Rockets gets picked up by NBATV. You're SOL and have to go find a friend lol

last time I used xroxy.com

One last thing, make sure you use incognito mode with chrome or Private browsing mode in firefox when you log into LP

17. jorgef09

jorgef09 Member

I've watched nearly all of them. I live in Austin for school and have league pass. In Laredo, my parents have directv and CSN Houston is blacked out. We can watch the pregame and post game stuff, but the game is blacked out. That's a little strange.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I've watched 90% of all NBA games this year. I either watch them live, dvr them and watch them later, catch a replay, and/or download a torrent.

19. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Even better if you use a VPN. Also, it is to note that once you load the main screen of league pass where you can see all the games you can tune to, turn off your vpn. You will now use your native internet connection and not going through the VPN at that point. Works for me, but yeah you're right about being SOL if it's on NBATV.

20. jdjd

jdjd Member

This is my sentiment exactly. From scrolling the list it seams like I'm the only one the uses vipboxus.co and streamhunter.eu they both work great for me, the only problem is I sometimes have to listen to the other teams announcers, which is actually kind of cool sometimes to hear other announcers perspective of us.