1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Non-basketball post: Anyone know anything about asp or MS SQL Server?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BuckeyeRocketFan, Jan 31, 2002.

Tags:
  1. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

I'm just trying to find someone who knows a little bit about them. I am trying to fix a personal asp website that ties to a mdb file. But I can't pull up the mdb file in MS Access which is what I usually use to view mdb files. I am just trying to find out if the mdb extension works for SQL Server too.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Whoa.. this is way to easy. Ill let someone else rip you. :eek:

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Is the mdb file that you are trying to pull up <i>local</i> on your computer or on a remote server?

Mango

4. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

You can import Access databases into SQL Server. I'd be more concerned about why you can't open the MDB file in Access.

5. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

I am a Access/SQL Server programmer.

Upon opening the mdb with MSAccess, what is the error message?

#5 3Rings, Jan 31, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2002
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Like the others have said, are you getting an error message when trying to open the MDB file in Access?

If you're just trying to query a database trying to use something like SQL Query Analyzer, you can always set up a machine/system-level ODBC source that points to the MDB (provided it's not corrupted) and query it that way.

But then I guess we need to wait for your response as to what the problem is first before anyone can help... :D

7. BuckeyeRocketFan

BuckeyeRocketFan Contributing Member

Well, smack me with a wet newspaper and call me silly.

I ftped the database down from the site using ascii mode rather than binary mode. So when I pulled the database up, it gave me wierd error messages.

It is someone else's site I was trying to trouble shoot and help with and I only know a little bit about ASP and nothing about SQL Server so I was grasping at straws when I couldn't get an MDB file to work.

Stupid mistake. Sorry to bother everyone.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It takes a man to admit that. :eek:

;)