1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Non all star draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, Jun 1, 2014.

?

What period do you want to use?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2014.
  1. From 2000-01 season to now

47.1%
  2. Last 10 years (from 2004-05 season to now)

52.9%
  1. thething

thething Contributing Member

lwq
    DFB
    jmc
    VOA
    YungT
    oelman

2. VBG

VBG Member

I'm surprised I lost. Odom would absolutely wreck that team. Oh well. Will vote in the next rounds. Have no clue how he gets any stops with Troy Murphy and Kevin MArtin on that team.

3. jvu

jvu Member

Ya always hatin on jvus team

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Guess that's a rap for my squad

5. jvu

jvu Member

This is not an individual sport :)

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

LMAO I honestly want to know how VBG's team could possibly lose. That in itself has made me question why we even did this if everyone here is too young to remember the NBA ten years ago.

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

You have an Odom/Nene front court going against Asik and Troy Murphy. I'd take prime miller over salmons and I like his backcourt better. Oh and his bench is stronger. In other news 2 PEOPLE VOTED AGAINST THE THING IN THE FIRST ROUND. Good job guys.

8. VBG

VBG Member

Thanks for enlightening me. Honestly, I think my Bobby Simmons pickup was a reach even if he did have a good year where he won MIP. Do regret that. Probably a reach.

But honestly, in their primes I think my starting lineup blows his out of the water. Nene - Odom frontline is so versatile. He has not shot of guarding it and its surrounded by knockdown shooters.

So I was surprised that's all.

I guess that's what I get for drafting Derek Fisher and Erick Dampier.

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'm not sure how Drummond has a bigger advantage than I think, but if you want to throw vague generalities out there, you did the job. Mike Conley would be the best point in this draft to play against Dragic, and Okafor was always one of the best defenders in the league. He was also top 5 in rebounding for 3 years so I have no idea what your even talking about.

Actually Maggette was known for his defense. You know, back when he averaged 22ppg and all.... Rose was actually a plus defender too, but claiming maggette wasn't known for his defense is inherently false. Yea, Larry Hughes is known as a scorer. For someone who shot a career .408 from the field. Brilliant! So you are stacking a guy who can't shoot to save his life with Parsons and telling me it is a wash against prime Maggette and Jalen Rose. OK.

And I'm not sure how Harrington would spread the floor OVER Lafrentz considering Lafrentz also played on the perimeter. Maybe you were unaware of that fact. He also shot a higher percentage than Harrington from outside and manage to average close to 3 blocks per game. Was Al Harrington even an average defender?

Ben Gordon may be huge coming off the bench but I chose Barbosa over him for a reason. He simply does more with better efficiency.

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

Absolutely true. It doesn't seem like there are many people here who actually watched basketball 10 years ago or there is no feasible way you would have lost. Kind of defeats the purpose. I think we should stick with current drafts if this is going to be the outcome.

11. VBG

VBG Member

I would say Okafor is significantly better on defense than Drummond. Drummond is still pretty clueless a well.

My main problem with your team is I feel like the offense could be hijacked a lot by both Maggette and Rose quite often. It would reduce Conley's effectiveness. On the other hand, Conley would have more freedom to play hard defensively.

12. jvu

jvu Member

Honestly, I'm quite limited on the measurement of primes of this draft. Wasn't quite sure if they displayed their primes on tv or what I remembered. A lot of all these players were on a minimal scale of viewing. Don't be offended if you lost. I lost. Mot offended. And it's just for fun anyway.

Lamar odom had arguably the best all around skills in this draft. We all know that. Just unsure about a lot of other players who were not usually televised or talked about.

13. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

How exactly is it so lopsided. When I looked at it, I thought it was pretty close with mismatches both ways. Maybe I'm missing something (other than the fact that he has more guys who were in their prime 10 years ago, who you seem to love :p)

And vbg should have won, indeed

For the two that are not decided, I'll take voa and yung t

#653 RedNation, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. jvu

jvu Member

[​IMG]

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

hey haters, quit hatin :cool:

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

You feel good because a bunch of kids voted for you. Congrats tmac you beat the best team in the draft

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Adding RedNation's votes. We are done with this round.

Next round, I'll randomize and the last person gets a bye.

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Yeah, I think your team matched up very well. Andre Miller and Jefferson would be tough to guard, and you have nice wing defense.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

thething
    Voice of Aus
    FTW Rockets FTW
    Oelman
    Jmc
    Yung-T
    dfb

Timestamp: 2014-06-11 18:31:45 UTC

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

In retrospect I'd vote for VBG, but Spooner is overvaluin his own team quite a bit, he's action like jmc has a team full of peanuts.

Also, VBG indeed has great spacing and variety, but I don't like his team size- and halfcourt-wise. He probably should've won this round though.

1 person likes this.