1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#NoCollusion] Should Trump go after the media and Democrats?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Mar 25, 2019.

1. dmoneybangbang

So did the GOP pre- Trump winking the primary. The dossier was never the entire basis for the Trump investigation.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yea, one of yours... go for it!

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No, your statement was "an investigation was based on a lie"

Here is why the investigation was opened:

You are trying to claim the investigation was based on the Dossier.

You desperately want the Trump Investigation to be based off the Steele Dossier, because it can be loosely associated with Hillary Clinton. Its laughable. Your mind is so poisoned from your personal echo chamber of propaganda, you have ceased being able to function in the real world.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

That bait and switch holds no grounds. Yes the Republicans started the funding Fusion GPS op research but Chrostopher Steele and the dossier happened AFTER the Democrats took over the funding of Fusion GPS. The only Republican involved after the the Dems took over was the gullible McCain who let his Trump hate push him in to delivering the fabricated dossier to the FBI who NEVER verified the ludicrous claims in it even to this day.

5. body slam

body slam Member

I would like for him to sit down watch Frozen and let it go. Enough money has been wasted.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it would be nice if Trump were to took the moral high ground like this and let it go. Time will tell

Nook likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Your usse of trump talking points appears to be contradicted by lindsey graham...

Nook likes this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

I do not see how that is even remotely possible. Sunlight is the best disinfectant and plenty of sunshine needs to be shown on the origins of this Trump/Russia collusion hoax. Integrity has to be restored and restrictions have to be put in place to make sure something like this never happens again. Letting it go would only encourage them to try it again the next time they do not like a candidate.

9. cml750

cml750 Member

How does that contradict what I posted? Hillary and the Dems funded the dossier. There is no question about that. I said McCain was the one who turned it into the FBI. If he showed to Graham before he did so it still does not contradict anything I said.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, I get this. I just think that endless loops of revenge and recriminations is going to suck the life blood out of both parties. Somebody has to be the adult in the room at some point. I doubt it’s Trump

body slam and Nook like this.
  11. cml750

cml750 Member

I understand what you are saying but this cannot just be let go. It undermines everything this country stands for.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

PSA: The Investigations started because Comey was fired and Australian intel on George Pappadopoulos.

The wingnuts so desperately want it too be because of the Steele Dossier.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Not going to happen my friend, he thrives on this kind of stuff like James Harden and stats

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

At last, Putin has the US in checkmate. Russian bots activate. Release the dank memes!

Cohete Rojo likes this.
  15. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

[Must resist....attempt at double entendre humor....]

dachuda86 likes this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Still don't believe the dossier to be "fabricated." Some of the specifics seem like they might be wrong, but the broad outline it paints -- of the Russians meddling in the election, hacking emails and releasing them through Wikileaks -- things that Trump lied to deny when it first came out, turned out to be generally true.

If they do do an investigation into the investigation, I'm cool with that. I do not currently believe there was anything nefarious, and any such investigation launched I'd bet would be motivated by political revenge. But I wouldn't want to shield anybody from scrutiny. If it'd really make people feel more confidence in their government, let's do it.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

No I said the Russia collusion investigation. This started long before mueller and the basis for it was the fake dossier. Do you not understand that all the wiretapping happened before Mueller? What is it you think they were investigating ?

The basis for trump Russian collusion investigation was the dossier and it's not loosely associated with Hillary. She did pay for it.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Watergate 2.0. They were investigating Trump because he was id'd as competition.

19. NewRoxFan

Pardon me while I chuckle at the "undermines everything this country stands for" while you talk about trump.

Even accepting the Mueller report findings that there was not sufficient evidence to conclude that trump and his campaign didn't collude with russia, reasonable people can still ask if there was no collusion, when did trump and his people lie continuously about meetings with russians? Including and especially about the meeting in trump tower? And why does trump act so oddly about meetings he has had with putin? And why did manafort provide internaw polling data with the russians? And why did trump choose the time he did to "joke" about Clinton emails and russia? And what happened to the jereome corsi indictment? While trump and his people may not have broken any crimes (looking strictly at the Mueller investigation)... is his behavior representative of what we should expect of a president?

And broader questions about why trump lies continually? And possible financial and emolument crimes? Does that "undermine everything this country stands for"?

20. NewRoxFan

I already suggested this list: sheriff clarke, sheriff joe, alan dershowitz, and rudy seem like the right candidates to me.