1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Trade: Dwight Howard staying with Rockets past the trade deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Drogba

Drogba Member

Why's Morey getting the blame? Our players are nowhere near as valuable as people on here think they are.

2. Fantasma Negro

And that's exactly why Morey should get the blame. A good gm should have the foresight to recognize a depreciating asset.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

detroit pick is really good deal for dmo when you factor in his back/not in rotation/free agent to be.

The pick is most likely going to be in the top 16 and in 10 games we will have a better idea of it it's in the 10-14 range.

My gut tells me it's going to work out and be a lottery pick which in our case is a big win. I don't think stone thought dmo would fetch a lottery pick even if it is top 8 protected.

I think this pick is more valuable than bostons 2018 pick, the philly sac picks are nice but there also 2 years away as is bostons.

We will know soon enough but I think this is a very good trade for us. I liked dmo as a player/prospect but he has major question marks and when you factor in he wasn't even in our rotation. Makes it a lot easier to understand the deal.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

6 teams.

Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Miami possible in free agency. He may be surprised but will get over it: Someone will pay him on a non-max deal.

Parsons & Fegan pull to Dallas on a non-max deal?

5. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Marc Stein said that Bucks-rockets talk broke down bc Dwight refused to opt into final year..

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If I had to go from high to low chance...

1. Atlanta
    2. Dallas
    3. Miami
    4. Chicago

7. MD_in_Training

Bingo. This guy gets it.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Correction. I meant : the Memphis 2018 that Boston owns.

I wish I shared your optimism but following the east very closely the chances it is around 10 is extremely lower than it being in the 20s.

Enough with me b1tching. Gotta move on now.

At least he didnt' end with the Bucks. You may feel angry but when you realise you escaped a bullet you suddendly feel much better lol :grin: All is bright and sunny again.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn you, Dwight.

Damn you.

10. rocketsmetalspd

yeah read that plus his wanting to become a FA this Summer was the main reason Dwight was not dealt. There you go Dwight supporters hope your happy in Dallas with Parson.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Once Dwight leaves we're tanking?

12. rocketsmetalspd

I say erase the rest and just put Dallas because Feagan is Cubans bud.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure it's good for DMo probably, but it's terrible for the Rockets and we're Rockets fans so this sucks because it indicates the team is punting on the season and betting everything on Durant. This team will be borderline unwatchable for the rest of the season between JBB's rotations and having basically no bench worth playing.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Man, it sure is tough for you.

15. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Do you really think he's putting all his eggs in the Durant basket? Can he be that naive - were Durant and Harden even close in OKC? It doesn't seem to me that Harden would be able to convince Durant to come to Houston, not to mention with all the chemistry issues and epic failure this team has been this year, why would he ever want to join us?

16. malakas

malakas Member

WELL newsflash because according to reliable insiders this is Morey's plan.
    Apparently Durant is in love with Harden and can't stay away from him , and also he wont' look at the rest of the roster as long as he gets to get coached by his soulmate coach Brooks.

17. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

So Durant and Brooks? I could work with that except that Harden needs to dominate the ball so much... He needs to find a way to coexist with another star.

... And Durant is in love with Harden? Dude seems like a d-bag... Now I'm judging Durant's taste in friends :grin:

18. rocketsmetalspd

Morey sounded beat on Yahoo Sports The Vertical Trade Deadline Show. Keep saying the team needs to get it together and still has time to do so. Need to improve the D and can get it going. Did not want to break up Harden Howard duo. :rolleyes: Team will be able to give two max contracts this Summer.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Daryl Morey on the coming offseason: &quot;We feel like (Houston is) a top-5 destination and we'll have the ability to offer two max deals.&quot;</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/700432370747314176">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2 max deals? Ok then. Gotta renounce Dwight first.

20. rocketsmetalspd

That is easy because Dwight is not signing with the Rockets next season.