1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Rudy, No Steve.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Earl Cureton, Apr 11, 2003.

1. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Yeah, they are free-stroking their shots because there is no playoff presure.

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

After Rudy came to the team----------------my point exactly. Rudy the offensive genuis, the master ego massager, got into Hakeem's head and turned some screws and caused Hakeem to start playing with his head.

Hakeem's passing skills were not unnatural. They were undiscovered, until Rudy installed the offense and won Hakeem's confidence. In those championship years, nobody could see the floor like Hakeem, sense the double team, and know just the precise moment to draw the defender in before throwing out for the easy 3. I'd line him up with Walton, Sabonis, and Jabbar in his prime. He knew how to get the ball where it needed to be for the best possible look at the basket. And that skill was brought to light by Rudy's coaching. Rudy has to be given the credit for that.

The difference between those guys and these guys is Rudy was coming in as the "new coach" with the players already established. Now it is the "new players" with the coach already established. The players know they are wanted, they were drafted by CD and Rudy, and they are young and don't know how to go 40 on both ends. That is too much like work. That's why Rudy needs someone to handle the dirty work for him. No, Larry is not it. He's been here. We need a new face, a disciplinarian, and someone that knows now to coach team defense. Who is it?

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If there was any chance that Larry Smith might be the Rockets Coach next season I understand why Steve Francis might say just what he did! Although I think he should be put in his place which is that of a player on Contract to the Rockets to do their bidding, not to have the Mangement of the Rockets doing his bidding!

4. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

???:confused: ???

5. shanondud567

shanondud567 New Member

um... i dunno...hmmm i still do not think he will be that STRICT about it. Steve Francis..should play next year....he will be better with Yao and Cuttino. I am a huge rockets fan.!! whoo hoo! Hope RT feels a lot better and will be able to coach next year. :rolleyes: