1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Reason Not To Sign Kap

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

At no point have I ever asked you to don a tin foil cap. As I've stated multiple times, I don't think there's a conspiracy, I just don't think the owners want to deal with the headache. I'm just trying to bring it to your attention that the "Kaepernick SUCKS!!!" argument is not based in reality, given the other quarterbacks who have been brought in by teams.

Kaepernick is not good enough to be worth the headache: sure, I can buy that.
    Kaepernick is not good enough to be on an NFL roster: not a chance.

ferrari77 and edwardc like this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

I have to respectfully dis agree with you on that Oz stunk up the place.Did you watch him sunday you clearly must not have because if thats the best he's got Kap is still better. No need for you to put on your favorite tin hat were not talking politics were talking sports.

Fulgore likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are pushing a conspiracy theory as a Kaepernick truther which is no different from the Vince Young truthers before you (you may have been one of those too for all I know)

When I say this, I'm saying that if teams thought that Kaepernick was as good as you are trying to say, then he'd be on a roster, headache or no headache. He's simply not that good, he's a fringe back of the roster caliber player who wouldn't really be a benefit to any team. The type of players who usually fill that role are guys who will either be a benefit to the locker room or who will be invisible. He's neither. So instead of being able to cling to one of the last roster spots on a team for several years like David Carr did, he's out of the league. Make no mistake, he's not any better at being a QB than David Carr was he's of a similar caliber, he's just also a distraction and a locker room problem.

So if you are trying to say that he's good enough to be considered for one of the last spots on an NFL team alongside a damn near infinite number of other essentially worthless players, I'd agree.....but you don't give worthless players a spot on your roster who are distractions. Where I disagree with you is that you seem to think he's better than worthless, and that's simply not the case.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL you understand it's not an either/or situation right? They both suck.

5. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Okay, convince me he's worthless. Here's your chance to shine, Bobbo.

Let me preface this by saying that:
    a) if you cite QB record (which overall is a positive, but I know you will only pay attention to the last two seasons), then you also have to acknowledge that Brock Osweiler is a better QB than Deshaun Watson by that logic
    b) he's not on a team because he's worthless because he's not on a team because he's worthless is circular logic and not applicable to this conversation.

Shoot your shot, big guy.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's on you to prove that he's not worthless, because the NFL is making that statement by not employing him. There's not even one team that thinks he could help them win.....if there was, he'd have a job. You say that's circular logic, but you suggesting that teams think that he could help them but they won't hire him due to collusion or whatever is just conspiracy theory BS.

I've said that he might be end of the roster caliber....but end of the roster caliber players are essentially worthless or at best they are at or below replacement level. If a player is at or below replacement level, you don't pick them up if they are a locker room cancer that brings a ton of baggage. That's why IMO Kap is out of a job. He's at or below replacement level and as such, his baggage makes him worse than other players at or below replacement level. ANY player significantly above replacement level will have a job regardless of baggage assuming that baggage isn't something that gets them suspended.

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Of course i do i'd just rather have the one that would fit into the offense we currently have where BOB is not so predictable.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Neither fit into the offense. Just say you'd rather run the wildcat if that's what you mean.

9. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Just to be clear, in this thread alone, you've:

Claimed that Kaepernick was carried to the Super Bowl by his defense. I've proven that false.
    Claimed that Kaepernick struggled once teams figured out his offense. I've proven that false.
    Claimed that Kaepernick only put up touchdowns when his team was getting blown out. I've proven that false.

If it's on me to prove that he's not worthless, I'd say I've done a good job in this thread. At least to anyone with a functioning brain that welcomes facts. You have no rebuttal to any of the lies you've spewed other than "IF HE WAS SO GOOD THEN WHY ISN'T HE ON A TEAM!?!?!?!"

Frankly, that's the question many of us are asking ourselves. When the only logic for him not being on a team is "because he's not on a team" it should raise questions.

csj, Dopamine and TheRealist137 like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Is Kap a better player than Savage right now?

Yes he is, but we don't know what Kap wants financially and honestly the Texans are toast either way.

This group has zero reason to play hard this year. They lost their two best players for the season. They do not even have their own draft picks. It is a lot like the Bucs, just playing out the string.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, you didn't. You showed that he was not quite as good as Mark Sanchez was with the Jets when Mark Sanchez was being carried to the AFC Championship game the first 2 seasons of his career.

No, you didn't....like at all. You didn't even begin to prove that actually so I'm not sure what that delusion is even based on.

You showed that not all of the TD's were when his team was getting blown out, sorry but getting your team back within 2 TD's isn't really being competitive.

It's nice that you are patting yourself on the back for accomplishments that are only in your mind.

To which you have no answer for.....because you don't want to admit that you are going full VY truther here. You can't accept that he's an at or below replacement level player and that's why he's not on a team.

12. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

As I originally said...

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Lol wut?
    It seems like you're the one immediately reaching to incriminate someone for claiming discrimination/stating the other person is doing that...without them actually claiming that. Why is that? This is the second time you've done that in this conversation on this here thread. That speaks more to your mindset sir.
    Folks like me can deal with people disagreeing but can't deal with people throwing meaningless or poor information out as concrete supporting argument. Same with the article you posted.
    Keep in mind, I read that article when it was first posted by SI since I do read(or previously read) most of what Benoit puts out. But sure, I made up my mind before I read the article which you sought out and posted here as proof and support for your position on the topic.

Fantastic stuff.

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Why waste your time trying. He'll just keep lying to himself and embarrassing himself on here.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you weren't going to come with something legit, you shouldn't have bothered. Kap truther conspiracy theories isn't anything legitimate. There simply is no point in trying to play up your boy as more than a replacement level player when clearly if that was the case, he'd be employed without a massive conspiracy. If that's what you are claiming, you'll be laughed at just like the VY truthers who claimed that he was amazing and it was racism that was keeping him out of the league.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Kap sucks, deal with it.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

That's so wrong how many wildcat QB's throw the ball not many Kap can run this offense so can RG3 and maybe even thad lewis.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kap was dead last in passing yards per game last season....again, behind even Fitz and Osweiler. So it's not like Kap can throw the ball well either. If you just want a black QB, you should say that rather than trying to make cases for washouts like Kap, RG3 and Thad Lewis. Hell, just say you want Braxton Miller to play QB. In many ways that would make more sense since he's already on the roster.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

Not the case just feel a mobile QB is better than the two that are on the roster and why you always have to bring color into everything and no i want to win games . Miller can't throw the ball ten yards now that's why he's a wide out now.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you are good with Tim Tebow then? I've seen him throw the ball more than ten yards....then again, I'm pretty sure I could show you film of Braxton Miller doing it as well. They should be every bit as valid options as RG3, Thad Lewis, or Kap since none of those guys are any good at throwing the ball either.