1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Reason Not To Sign Kap

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Yep, you definitely were never a fan of Brock Osweiler. :rolleyes:
    My mistake, I got Osweiler confused with Mallett. I truly can't remember which subpar former Texans QB you loved the most.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that was another thing the trolls said at one point. Why not just call me a Fitz fan, that's yet another thing the same trolls said at one point. If you are going to embarrass yourself by parroting trolls, why not go all out?

3. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Facts can be tricky to a liar.

2016 Kaepernick passing TDs by quarter:
    1st - 4
    2nd - 7
    3rd - 1
    4th - 4

Dopamine likes this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

His legs have to allowed him the time to throw the ball that's been made clear.as far kap it doesn't have to be him RG3 is still unsigned he's better than what we have right now.

#204 edwardc, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. ferrari77

Is this a joke? You aren't seriously calling that $hitty Andy Benoit piece a "really good" SI article are you? If anything that just proves intentions.
    He listed Geno Smith, Brock Osweiler, Cody Kessler, Ryan Mallett and Landry Jones(amongst others) as being better options at backup QB, wait for it...because they are willing and able to play from the pocket.
    Standing in the pocket in order to throw ducks, make TERRIBLE reads and decisions and then being unable to avoid incoming rushers does not make one a good backup or QB in general.

Keep believing Benoit provided actual football reasons as to why Kaep is a worse backup QB option than those he listed. He actually uses Kaeps weight loss last season as a reason his athleticism may be on the decline. Benoits mind was made up before he even began researching or interviewing anyone for that piece.

Dopamine likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....and they were getting blown out by the first quarter. Again, I know you are blinded by love just like the Vince Young fans were, but ask niners fans who actually watched the games and they'll tell you that you are wrong.

I know you prefer to believe the conspiracy theories, but Kap really was the worst QB in the NFL last season.

7. ferrari77

Can't even disagree as to RG3.

8. ferrari77

Nah chief, I'll leave that to you. You do a far better job of embarrassing yourself than almost anyone else on Clutchfans. Keep at it kiddo. Keep doing what you do.

Dopamine and Fulgore like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure you think so slick.

10. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I have no love for Kaepernick. I just want a discussion based off of facts. And your last sentence proved the point I tried to make earlier: you have no interest in actual discussion. Only hyperbole based off of emotion.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

You must not have watched Osweiler last season or ant QB that the browns had under center just to name a few.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really? You're pushing a conspiracy theory to make it seem like he's not the godawful QB that everyone says he is and you have no love for him? How about his "cause"?

Look at facts, there was only one game started by Kap last season that his team was tied or had the lead where they weren't trailing by halftime, and that was when the Jets were throwing Bryce Petty to the wolves. Maybe you truly don't have a bias here, but you are absolutely wrong in believing that he's even a decent QB. The league doesn't let decent players sit without a team for this long because it's all about winning and not about conspiracy theories.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, look at the numbers, Osweiler was on a team that was based on the run and had leads to protect most of the season and still passed for more yards per game than Kap did on teams that were constantly trailing with nothing to lose. The kid simply can't play QB now that the league has caught up to the read-option. He's a smaller version of Tim Tebow.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

in your opinion and it sounds like you've made up your mind about benoit even after he is forced to unnecessarily clarify in his first sentence. you're just proving my point. folks like you can't stand when people disagree with you and if they do they're <insert favorite discriminating stereotype>

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Kap or no Kap, no one is replacing Watson. It's incredible how much difference one player made to this team.

sugrlndkid, ipaman and Bobbythegreat like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one player makes as much difference as a QB playing at an elite level.

edwardc likes this.
  17. edwardc

edwardc Member

Man save that nonsense OZ was bad Kap even in his limited playing time played better than Oz.

ferrari77 likes this.
  18. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Damn, you really like getting your ass whooped with facts, don't you?

Kaepernick's 2016 season.

Touchdowns that gave his team the lead: 5
    Touchdowns that brought his team within a touchdown: 6
    Touchdowns that brought his team within two touchdowns: 5

11 of his 16 touchdowns brought his team within a single score or better. There goes your "blowout" myth, although I'm sure you have plenty more lies in the queue. Facts are meaningless to those who have no interest in seeking the truth.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....they were both bad, Kap was worse. Hence why one of them is back as a starter in the NFL and one of them is out of the league.

Sorry man, I'm just not going to wear the tin foil hat with you guys that are Kap truthers.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, I'll tell you the same as I told the other Kap truther, I'm not going to wear the tin foil hat with you guys. If you want to think that you know better than every team in the NFL and better than essentially every niners fan who actually watched him play, then by all means. Go for it. You just have to expect people to laugh when you say it though.