1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

no playoffs = a good thing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Apr 22, 2003.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if we would've made the playoffs we would have been happy with this team, and just tried tweeking a few things to improve for next season.

1. probobly add a better back-up PG for mochie and extra.
    2. maybe add a banger at PF....maybe keep tutoring eddie.

with just doing trade #1 and maybe, maybe trade #2. how much do you think we couldve improved for next year? we might have won 46 games, and secured the 7th spot.

since we didnt make the playoffs, we are now talking about adding the likes of malone, brand, odom, miller, alvin williams, cassell...

compare these possible rosters:
    after playoffs 2003
    yao-cato
    B.grant-moT
    posey-boki-Tmo
    cat-hawk
    steve-newPG

after lotto 2003
    yao-cato
    brand-moT
    posey-boki-Tmo
    steve-barry
    williams

of course this is all guesstimation, but what do you think would've made us better for next year? missing or making the playoffs?

2. Sane

Sane Member

It's true, denial IS the first stage.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

maybe you're right lol:D

but its true, we will make more of an effort to improve this offseason since we didnt make the playoffs.

4. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Yeah, going to the playoffs would've only helped this team. It would've given the young guys valuable playoff experience and plus possibly would edge Yao into the ROY award. Plus, they don't get a lottery pick for missing the playoffs, I believe that goes to Memphis from the Francis trade (I could be wrong though).

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

shooter- you are right. we don't have a first round pick this year. and i agree with you about the good of making the playoffs. i wanted to make it just as much as everyone here. i'm just saying that everything happens for a reason, and maybe we will have a better team next year because of it.