1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No personnel changes are needed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EssTooKayTD, Dec 21, 2007.

1. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

The point I made is that all our non-star players are actually playing very very sub-par. Law of averages, they should get back on track. See Rafer. I am putting some faith in them. I haven't given up yet. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, we are a slow team, but guess why? Because it's engrained in these guys, get the ball to Yao, can't get it in? Move him to the other side, and try again. Oh wait, the shotclock is winding down now, chuck it up!

BAD way to play. You want to top 100ppg? Actually just go out and let it fly. Shoot the open shot. Run X plays for Yao when you want to half-courting it. If you can't get it down low, abandon and just get a good look.

While watching the team, it's so painfully obvious many of them still don't know what they are doing. When Yao is telling Bonzi where to go, it worries me. At times we look very good, other times it's REALLY bad.

I know, I know, easy to sit here and talk about it. I'm not out there trying to do it. I know it's not easy. I see them fouling Yao on every single possession. He needs to foul back.

2. EssTooKayTD

Good point made, I can't disagree with you. I'm not even thinking Finals or championship at this point. I however don't believe the combination of Yao and McGrady is the reason we haven't passed the first round of the playoffs. Sure there are details of it that should work differently, but our glaring problem especially at this moment is the rest of the players. Where is Bonzi when Tracy is actually in the game? If Tracy is having to dominate the ball too much, then the other guys need to step up more so that Tracy can depend in them some. I'm sure he'll like to take the plays off and relax, hahah.

3. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Minor personnel changes that may have a major impact are needed. We need to consolidate some of our depth into talent once we have evaluated the roster.

Snyder's expiring contract and athleticism (teams near luxury tax)
    Bonzi's expiring contract and low post presence (Chicago, teams near luxury tax)
    Battier's leadership on a young team with bad defense (Memphis, Minnesota, Milwaukee, Portland)
    Francis' potentially expiring contract (teams near luxury tax)
    Novak's expiring contract and perimeter shooting (teams near luxury tax, Atlanta, New Jersey, Chicago)
    Landry's expiring contract and potential (teams near luxury tax, teams looking to rebuild)

These are all players that potentially fit on other teams for various reasons, and we can pick up players that don't fit on their teams but might fit on ours. This is how trades work, and the Rockets have been very good at these trades in years past.

4. EssTooKayTD

Yep. That's where the "maybe 2ndary role players could be traded" meant.

5. IamTHEwhoISthat

I think trading Battier would make a more positive impact than trading T-Mac. I liked him back when we first got him but playoffs last year and all of this year he has been the one person who I have been consistently disappointed with in almost every game. I can hardly believe he is still starting because all the 'intangibles' he used to have don't even seem there anymore.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This Season has been billed as the TIME HAS COME SEASON.......
    well it now looks like the Rockets will be back in the lottery, unless there is a major turn around. I can't see it happening when you have a coach trying to change Yao Ming into Vlade Ming and our star player Tracy saying that the team has no plan or no defined direction nor any character. :p
    Changes will be required, sooner or later!!

7. EssTooKayTD

Yeah, I think I should have titled the thread:

"No personnel changes needed...yet"