1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No other Houston forum like Clutchfans, are there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Feb 28, 2015.

1. The Law

The Law Member

I'm an avid fisherman and 2coolfishing.com Is an awesome site. The off-topic forums that don't relate to fishing are great if you want to go check it out. Great hangout type forum, food, classifieds, ect.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to have to check that out.

Clutchfans for someone who hasn't lived in Houston for two decades now has been a great way to keep up with what's going on in Houston. It's also a great mixture of people from around. While we are all (at least most of us) here because of our love of the Rockets there is a very diverse mixture of interesting and very knowledgeable people.

Unfortunately I don't have too much time to spend on social media so it's great to have a forum like Clutchfans where I can get caught up on what's hot on the Internet, discuss politics, food, travel and of course root for the Rockets!

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Greatest site on the interwebz and I'm a part of many other forums mainly football (the real one).

I was a lurker for sometime before diving in and joining the good guys. First website I open at work each morning and last website I read before bed on my phone. This site has been a true blessing. I don't remember the last time I read any news from cnn or bbc or khou since CF covers all the most important topics.

Kudos to Clutch!

4. VanityHalfBlack

I visit this thread mainly because its an alternative to Facebook? Usually I would stumble upon both and I can't tell the difference. Its either some topic about being Obama's fault or complaining about job opportunity.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol. Not jumping into some race thing but you have over 30k posts on an internet forum. You definitely aren't in any place to criticize anybody. You haven't seen a woman naked since you were born.

1 person likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not a critique on race but the fact is that ClutchFans is more culturally diverse than r/Houston. I've met friends here that I actually spend time with.

I didn't think my post was racist but if you think it is then sorry.There was a thread on r/Houston about a crime in UofH and one of the highest up voted posts was about how the they should essentially destroy the 3rd ward and kick out all the poor people who live in it.

You see a lot light racism on that board. People dissing elbows, people making fun of rappers. Reddit as a whole has issues with racism. I'm happy ClutchFans has so many different kinds of people.

I should add that it's not the r/Houston is too white. It's too yuppy, full of itself to appreciate its city sometimes.

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You didn't offend me. I don't take the internet seriously at all. That said, your comment was clearly racist. You don't have to explain yourself to me. Just own your comment instead of presenting a myriad of excuses.

I don't condone any racism on here. Even in the Lin thread where I went back and forth with his delusional fans I've called out people for racism. Just because some people are idiots doesn't give you a pass to join in.

At the end of the day you know what you meant and your words came from what you honestly believe. Nobody drops racist comments casually. That's just a ridiculous premise.

Anyways, I'm not going to send this thread to the D@D.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I've been called a hardcore racist before!

Only for knowing/stating the fact that I'm better than YOU!...:eek:

[​IMG]

That's me wearing Rockets Red!!!...;)

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

because only white people can be racist :rolleyes:

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yeah - yeah - yeah - but ------ disliking [modern] rap music doesn't make you racist.

That's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Don't get the elbows thing. Assuming it's a joke.

11. Poloshirtbandit

Elbows = the rims that poke out. Type "elbows vogues" in Google image search.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

The derailment in this thread is crazy. Can we just have positive vibes here like I intended please?

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Not just r/Houston, its one of reddit's circlejerks. They totally rag on Houston/Texas for elbows.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

nothing negative going on here. I love this forum and it's members, well most of them.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Spurstalk what? There are no mods there. Trolls are free to roam and they're out of control. Bunch of nonsense posts are made over there. Nobody takes control of it.

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

racism runs rampant over there, its a free for all

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

recently registered on the KanyeToThe forum, and have been impressed, but getting approval for registration takes months (it did for me), and there tons of topics so the accessibility is an issue.

nonetheless, KTT still is solid and i get updates on the artist's leaks

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Other than rampant racism, one of the bigger issues with Reddit is the rampant pedophilia element user base that populates that site. I saw an Anderson Cooper report about this one time.

20. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

My favorites besides Clutchfans.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/forum/7-going-up/

Houston Development

Cool photo threads in the photography forums of Skyscraperpage.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=149066

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=210284

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=206438

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=189267

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=210057

The photo threads are amazing because locals post pictures you would never find on a postcard. You get an unique look into neighborhoods you never even heard from all over the world.

Also, City-data is decent.