1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No one wants to talk about T.O.???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by drapg, Aug 10, 2005.

1. drapg

drapg Member

Un-frikkin'-believable...

This guy disgusts me.

Where you at Lil' Pun?

Owens asked not to come back for a week

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- All-Pro wide receiver Terrell Owens left Philadelphia Eagles training camp Wednesday after being suspended until next Wednesday by coach Andy Reid.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported Reid told Owens to leave after Owens "dropped an expletive" on him during a heated exchange about the wide receiver's practice session that was conducted apart from the team. Owens then left for his Moorestown, N.J., home where media members found him later Wednesday.

"I got sent home until Wednesday for whatever reason," Owens told Comcast SportsNet for a TV interview from his front lawn. "It was just a difference of opinion. I was defending myself."

Comcast SportsNet reported the disagreement occurred during a team meeting. Owens then got his belongings and cleared out of training camp at Lehigh University.

"T.O. was asked to leave by Andy Reid," Owens' publicist Kim Etheredge said. "I don't think that it was heated, it was a difference of opinion. I don't know if there was an argument."

Owens did not say what the argument was about.

"If the truth needs to be told, then that's what I'll do," Owens said. "If he [Reid] wants me to be a man about it and have me really go on the air and really tell the people what happened, then I can. It was a difference of opinion."

The Eagles responded with a brief statement:

"Terrell Owens has been sent home from training camp due to undisclosed team issues. He is expected to return to the team on Wednesday, August 17th."

Owens' agent Drew Rosenhaus said: "Basically, the coach told him he should take a rest and get some rehab and [Reid] would get back to him in a few days."

Owens is unhappy the Eagles have refused to redo his contract as he enters the second season of a seven-year, $48.97 million deal. He hired Rosenhaus and threatened to skip camp completely. Instead, Owens reported, then injured his groin last Thursday.

He was day to day and the injury wasn't considered serious, but he missed practice Wednesday for the fifth time in six days.

Owens worked out with the team's assistant trainer for about 20 minutes on a separate playing field from his teammates, catching balls from a machine and doing some light running. He did not speak to reporters or acknowledge the fans who chanted his name.

Owens also skipped a scheduled autograph session with the rest of the Eagles' receivers after practice.

"He was unable to attend because he was injured," Etheredge said.

Owens said the fans have been great, but he didn't sign autographs at the tent because he was rehabbing his groin. He also said he was having fun at camp, even if it didn't look that way.

Since arriving at camp Owens has been distant on the field with his teammates. After signing autographs and slapping hands with fans on a nearly daily basis at last year's camp, Owens has jogged on and off the practice field without much acknowledgment of their chants and screams of support.

"Just because I don't talk to everybody, that's up to me," Owens said. "Everybody needs to understand the situation is all business, it's nothing personal. The situation is between me and management. They know what's going on.

"I think some people are kind of ticked off because I haven't really said much. They don't pay me to go in there and talk to everybody and be friendly to everybody. They paid me to play and they paid me to perform. That's what I've been going in there and doing."

The Eagles had a special teams practice Wednesday afternoon and Owens was not required to attend.

Last season, Owens had 77 receptions for 1,200 yards and a franchise-record 14 touchdowns before severely injuring his ankle late in the season. He missed the final two regular-season games and the first two playoff games before returning for the Super Bowl, in which he had nine receptions for 122 yards.

While Owens has been an off-field distraction, the Eagles sorely need his production. Todd Pinkston is on injured reserve and out for the season with a torn Achilles' tendon, and the rest of the wide receivers -- Greg Lewis, Billy McMullen, and Reggie Brown -- are young and inexperienced.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

He picked the wrong guy to curse at. Andy Reid won't put up with his selfishness. Ask Jeremiah Trotter. Owens is a fool.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What amazed me is no one wanted to talk about Kenny Rogers.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm sick of TO, Kenny Rogers, the Yankees, the Cubs, steriods, 50 in 50, and Manny Ramierez.

I can't wait till the NFL starts... only then will TO realize that no one player is bigger than the game itself, and we'll have so many other aspects of the game to focus on (fantasy, betting, directv, the Texans, and MNF).

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'm right here. :(

OK, I have defended T.O. and most of his actions throughout his short tenure in the City of Brotherly Love but after the disses on McNabb, contract dispute, hiring of Rosenhaus, this whole ordeal in training camp, the spat with Andy, the suspension, and his VERY childish interview today (and now that I look at it most of his antics are childish) where he worked out on his driveway.....enough is enough. I am sick of T.O. and his antics and even I want him out of Philly now. He was a bright spot on a team and now has turned into an untreatable cancer. Trade him and do it now and do it soon.

The sad thing is Owens has not only diminished his value with the Eagles but other teams as well. I mean last year he got the team that he wanted and the QB he wanted and after one year he is already unhappy. He suffered a serious leg injury last year, apparently his groin is giving him more trouble that ever :rolleyes: , and he will be 32 after this year is over with. Are there really any teams that would like to take a chance on him?

6. Asian Sensation

Granted T.O. is a head case are you seriously asking that question would any teams take a chance on him? I'd say just about every team in the league would kill to have T.O. IMO he's still the best receiver the game has to offer with Randy Moss a close second. Believe me I am just as sick of his antics as the next guy but when your that good it's hard to pass him up.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

What about Stephen A. Smith?

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Don't be hatin' on me! :( ;)

10. droxford

droxford Member

F*** YEAH!

[​IMG]

11. Lil Pun

Are you serious? Yes T.O. is a talent and that is the key, would a team want him for what the Eagles would want in return and what they are getting, at his age, behavior, and attitude? No, especially with their (Eagles) receiving core being totally wrecked this season, the Eagles asking price would be totally too high. One team mentioned by T.O. as a place of interest, Atlanta, already expressed they are not interested in pursuing him.

He is a me-first-player not a team-player and other teams are getting a GREAT glimpse of this as T.O. has basically put himself on an desolate island with the Philadelphia players, coaches, franchise, and fans. Remember this is the team T.O. wanted, the QB he wanted, and everything else he wanted at the time. Now he is unhappy again just like he was in S.F. but now you and the rest of the world are getting a much better glimpse of that.

Remember also, the Eagles have T.O. on a contract that stipulates most of the money he makes or would make could be taken back by them if he behaves in a manner considered detrimental to the team. So if he wants to act up and sit on the bench for the next seven years fine, he won't be making anywhere near the $49 million scheduled and nowhere near what he actually wants to make either.

12. Lil Pun

Oh yeah, I don't think T.O. is the best wide out in the league either.

13. Asian Sensation

Sounds like you USED to be quite a big TO fan. Anyways, like you mentioned the Eagles receiving crew is a mess and TO is the only savior. That's how big of a difference maker he is which is why I think he's the best wide out in the league. Anyways, I think things will work out in the end, Eagles need TO, TO knows he has it good in Philly, and yes $49 mill is A LOT of money.

14. Lil Pun

Yes, I was quite the T.O. fan as my first post in this thread says but I am sick of it. T.O. isn't the only savior and he is not even a savior. Remember the Eagles reached 3 straight NFC Champioship games WITHOUT Owens. They made it through the last 4 games of the season and the playoffs to the Super Bowl last season WITHOUT OWENS. The man in Philly is McNabb and it will be for some time barring serious injury (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!) The Eagles are not a team that has to rely on their offense to win like the Colts or Packers, their defense is good enough to win some games without 30+ points and they can win the close ball games. T.O. may be a talent but I believe the Eagles can be good without him and the all the headaches and troubles he has brought and is bringing.

15. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

T.O. clearly needs to be on medication. He either has a personality disorder or a chemical imbalance. There is no way the Eagles trade him because that is what he wants. The Eagles are one of the most hard-nosed organizations in the NFL and T.O. picked the wrong team to mess with. Maybe someone close to him will have the courage to tell him he's destroying a career he worked so hard for. Maybe it's impossible to get through to him and he digs his hole even deeper. :(

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I think TO is like any football fan that lives in houston and roots for the TITANS...

an idiot!!!

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It doesn't matter. I keep saying this in these threads, but I'll say it again. The Eagles success rests solely on the shoulders of McNabb. It doesn't matter if T.O. is or isn't there - McNabb needs to step up in pressure games. When he does, Eagles win, when he doesn't, Eagles lose. I think Eagels management and Andy Reid probably know this.

18. drapg

drapg Member

I just can't believe he refused to sign autographs for the fans.

After all the bad publicity, you'd think he'd bend over backwards to please the fans, to keep them on his side.

Rosenhaus isn't keeping his guy in check. Isn't that part of his job duty?

19. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Rosenhaus was too busy taping an interview on the David Letterman Show.

Yep, that's right -- the agent was on the Letterman Show. (And the audience laughed in his face when he told them that TO is only getting $10 million in the first two years of his deal.)

These guys are a circus act. The whole workout in the driveway thing with news copters flying overhead was just bizarre.

People in Philly are done with TO. The fans can't stand him anymore, and rumors coming out of camp are that his teammates are, too. The fact is that the Eagles went to the NFC Championship without TO, and the most important thing for them to get back there are the D and McNabb.

20. drapg

drapg Member

I registered for the Eagles BBS to get a feel for how fans are reacting...

You thought trade proposals in the Rockets forum were bad?

They've got him going everywhere and anywhere from Atlanta to Dallas to Baltimore to Tampa Bay.

Seriously, what GM would take a flier on a guy that has decimated three franchises in his wake? He's a cancer, plain and simple.

I hope the Eagles force him to sit out the season or play. Don't trade him and give into his tactics.