1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No one is talking about Harden's bad defense at the end of regulation?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EarlIII, Nov 4, 2012.

1. trowa

trowa Member

i have noticed it, spiegel will bash lin whenever he get the chance.

both lin and harden made mistakes, even asik shouldve been blamed for blowing 100 easy layups. lin shouldnt have threw that wild alleyoop pass, harden shouldve even have doubled aldridge. I guess the OP was just trying to say that everyone is blaming lin but harden should also be blamed too.

2. Arthurprescott2

Late game execution will be something this team will have to work on. Young team - just doesn't really have it all together yet. Especially on D. Both Harden and Lin failed on D (left Mathews and Lillard open for late 3s). Lin's alley-oop was terrible, but so was the decision for Harden to iso for that last possession in regulation (McHale's fault maybe). It will take some time to get this team firing on all cylinders, especially late game.

3. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Tough loss tonight. Learn and get better! #RedNation
    -James Harden

4. trowa

trowa Member

i agree with u. i also think if mcfail was a better coach, he wouldve used some of the rookie to play 5-10 minutes each night so our starters dont burn out.

5. trowa

trowa Member

like the harden scenario, lin always try to help on defense and often left his man wide open. again, if mcfail was a better coach, he would point that out to lin, and have him stay with his man instead of trying to do too much(which doesnt help)

6. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Harden was hurt, so he didn't have speed to keep up with Mathews, the match up was fine, no one came out to help so thats why Mathews had an open look. IN that situation T.Jones woulda been perfect but McFail had a bug up his ass about the rooks right now

7. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

what? just give the ball to James ;)

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the OP is right and i was thinking the same exact thing to myself when harden doubled....."there's no reason to do this, go back to mathews!!"

9. maizer

maizer Member

Just ignore the closet racist like 99% of people on this forum, Lin fan or not, has learned to do.

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

The Rockets are constructed like the Yin-Yan model. Guards are good at offense but mediocre at best on defence (being generous here). The forwards are not so good at offence but provide a great defensive foundation. They complement each other and the theory is that one will make up for the other's lack. The good thing is: both can improve on their weaknesses.

11. kinein

kinein Member

nope, thats not a bash harden to propup lin, its something that happened in the game.

Harden also had plenty of turnovers combined with the fact he was gassed, ankle injury, and shot was off both from the 3 and with layups.

Hardens a badass mfker and hes going to be a rocket for a long, long, long time. Glad hes part of the avengers ( aka our starting lineup ).

but its legitimate his post.

12. kinein

kinein Member

This just really is about coaching, theyll review it. Hell Lin calls coaches at 12am to ask for more game tape to review.

13. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

so true!!! you were right. :grin:

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

fixed.

15. demarco1

demarco1 Member

So many fake lin fans , shame on you, shame on you... leave lin and harden alone, you guys wanna fight, fight in the real world, don't make this forum dirty with your argument about lin and harden or lin and lowry or lin and dragic that will never end.. you don't like lin? you like lowry or dragic, then go to phoenix or toronto site, cheer them there... no body hurt.
    win win solution

1 person likes this.
  16. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

^
    There's nothing wrong with "If the Rockets win, ITs cause of the whole team."

But there must be something stupid with "and If the Rockets lose, Lets blame it on LIN???"

17. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

^
    There's nothing wrong with "If the Rockets win, ITs cause of the whole team."

But there must be something stupid with "and If the Rockets lose, Lets blame it on LIN!"

18. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

I blamed it on Asik by blowing LAYUP that he should try to dunk it.

19. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

I agree. But if Lin or Harden stayed on their guys then Aldridge might've gone off for 40 pts and 20 rebs and the "fans" on this board would've been crying- why weren't Lin and Harden helping out???

I think we lost because of two main reasons:
    1) our bigs couldn't finish in the paint. I mean point blank layups. Hopefully that will improve as the season goes on
    2) we couldn't hit a 3 to save our life! I would love to see Dequan Cook in the game with Harden and Lin. I know Cook isn't a beast but I think he could become a really valuable piece to our offense if he can do his best Novak impression.

That said, the Rockets have exceeded all expectations so far and they're a blast to watch. The best is yet to come!

20. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Obviously Harden should have stayed on his guy instead of swatting at Aldridge in that situation. But if Lin fans try and compare Harden to Lin every time he makes a little mistake they are going to be in for a long season.