1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more Reggie Miller... Let's celebrate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by javal_lon, May 8, 2018.

1. igotwhipscollectingdust

Damn hubie would be great for this series

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I believe Marv & Reggie are TNT's A -team (ideally it would be Ian Eagle and Brent Barry or Marv and Brent Barry, or any other PbP person and Brent Barry).

So I would figure Reggie will be doing a few of the WCF games. Maybe they'll divide it between Marv/Reggie and Chris Webber (who is steadily rising to Reggie level of terrible color commentary).

3. LSSLAMBAM

LSSLAMBAM Member

Sadly our dreams have not come true....Marv & Webber & Reggie all doing WCF, per Kristen Ledlow (who will be there along with David Aldridge). I am not a fan of 3 man crews - have never liked Van Gundy during the times he has to deal with Mark Jackson - but I am a fan of Marv's so i'm hoping somehow it's not as hard of the ears as I'm expecting it to be. Also just in case y'all didn't know - Ernie/Kenny/Shaq/Chuck will all be in town when there are home games, and sometimes they do the pregame broadcast somewhere outside the arena.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

did i miss something? the entire wcf is on tnt which means reggie right

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It ain;t news until you tell me Max Kellerman is going to call the game live on national TV

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

TNT has the WCF and their best team is Ian Eagle and Brent Barry but they are not their 'A' team. Chances are it will be Marv, Reggie and possibly Chris as a three man team. I wish it was Harlan though over Marv who really has fell off a cliff big time over the last five years. Harlan at least is entertaining. Reggie has actually gotten better of late, but he is still got a long long long way to go before being decent. I like Webber but I do not want him doing the next series he has a GS bias and it shows (I mean hard for him not to and I dont blame him for it)

I really wish TNT would do a poll and let the fans decide who they would want. Eagle and Barry have been an amazing combo.

Deuce and BigMaloe like this.
  7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Marv Albert and Hubie Brown are past their days

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

No Harlan??? The man with the voice is not part of the crew for basically the Finals? What is going on? He’s miles ahead of everybody. Marv is a perv with a rusty voice. He was great in 94, not so much anymore. Glad at least Webber will be there.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Harlan & Webber is the best they could possibly do. But they'll sully it with Miller. Brent Barry puts me to sleep. Hubie Brown drones on. Marv Albert is a weird mafia pervert.

MyLateRegistration and slothy420 like this.
  10. Mr Chuck Norris

Now come on, now..
    Now give him some credit
    Theyre ya go!!
    *rockets score* *grumbles*

11. vince

vince Member

Well, one thing is for sure, the Rockets have as good a chance of getting to the championship as anyone.

Our stars aren’t as highly touted as Golden state, but we have our own big 3 that play extremely well of each other. Hey there is only one basketball.

The announcers might be irritating, but it’s the TV drama which the NBA higher ups love because it brings in money!

12. ferrari77

Jeez a three man booth? WITH REGGIE AND CHRIS? Crap that is just a terrible, terrible combination.

13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

That's what Tony Parker said.

14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

No, that's what Brent Barry's wife said. :D

lnchan likes this.
  15. ferrari77

Dude, it's way better to have Brent Barry putting you to sleep than CWebb and his brilliant commentary. A color analyst that shuts up from time to time is much better than one who doesn't.

Here's the best of your guy CWebb....JUST FROM LAST NIGHTS GAME ALONE

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Harlan definitely has a higher status than Marv within TNT. Marv wasn't even doing the big games this year. He's always relegated to the early game (6pm CT) or the late game (9:30pm CT). We're going to be seeing Harlan and Reggie a lot in this series.

17. ferrari77

and this for effect

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Purvis's shorts

I like Reggie Miller and Hubie Brown

19. ferrari77

And CWebb unfortunately.

20. LSSLAMBAM

LSSLAMBAM Member

As i noted before, Harlan is out, Marv is in. This is nothing new for TNT. I agree with the people on here in that there are a lot of decent play by play people out there and it's the color commentators that cause the stress.