1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

no extension for anyone....[fanhouse]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Oct 1, 2010.

1. realmustang

realmustang Member

I believe what these posters are trying to say is that they don't think they will be offered contracts past this year, not necessarily an extension. No need to call people illiterate, Mr Perfect.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rocket soars high.

(we're trading for Udonis Haslem)

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Battier knows the business side of basketball, Aaron doesn't.
    I'm guessing/hoping Aaron will mature after a longer tenure in the NBA...

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ha...i had you believing that. but in truth, we know brooks and battier are likely MVP candidates this season, and we wouldn't trade them for the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Did the love the masseuse have for you extend. Did she "love you long time"? :grin:

6. Stepping Razor

haha I see what you did there.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't see Brooks being immature about it, or that he doesn't understand the business-side of it as well as Battier does. Even if Battier were a star, I wouldn't be inclined to give him an extension, because you can count on him to be 'mature' and to 'understand the business-side' and accept the result. Battier won't make waves and, because you know he won't make waves, he won't get what he wants. By being upset and by being irrational, Brooks is more likely to get what he wants than he would by being understanding. Of course, he still won't get the extension, but he makes it harder to deny by being upset and by carrying a grudge.

I don't see the BS. Morey said flat-out that there is a lot of uncertainty stemming from Yao's health. If we had Durant, there wouldn't be so much uncertainty because we'd have a new superstar to build the team around. I don't see him denying it.