1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[No Bandwagoners] Don't cheer for the team if you didn't go through this:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 23, 2015.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ahh yes the "Loveable Losers" of the Adelman era. Not quite good enough to make the playoffs, and not quite bad enough to secure a high draft pick. Stuck in mediocrity. Thats when everyone 'loved' the ROX and swore 'next year they will make noise"

How far we've come is right, now everyone hates our guts! LOL and I much prefer this way, means we're doing something right.

2. OpenLayup-Why3?

Fun fact: every NBA fan is a bandwagoner, because at some point of their life they jumped smaller or larger bandwagon of some kind. If you're from Houston and you call yourself Rockets fan - you are a bandwagoner. If you are from Houston and you proudly declare that RGV Vipers is your favorite team in the world and you don't love Rockets, only then you are not a bandwagoner.
    I watched every Rockets game for 3 years now, only because DMO plays here. Most of these games I watched live. They usually start ~2-5AM my time. I even stayed late to watch all those games I knew DMO wasn't going to play. Injured or just in a doghouse. Am I a bandwagoner? YES I am. Because First two years of DMO era, especially first year, I LOVED watching Rockets style. This year's Rockets are ugly to watch, but I still watched every game. Am I a bandwagoner? Yes, like I said, everyone is. Only difference between bandwagoners is the circumstances under which they joined one or another bandwagon at some point of their life.
    I'm a huge fan of best team in my country for 15 years. And I am a bandwagoner, because I started folowing that team when it was popular thing to do.

3. ibm

ibm Member

fun fact: nba, where bandwagoners live. lol.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm down with Bandwagon fans. Not everyone can be a diehard.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I actually joined Clutchfans to vent about my hate of Brad Miller.

6. Mr.Grabber89

Mr.Grabber89 Member

nah, i was a bandwagoner since mcgrady joined houston... been a real fan when houston almost beat lakers in secnd round 09...

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Bandwagoners pay salaries and keep teams profitable.

100% pro-bandwagon

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Thbbt.

Everyone but 99ers are bandwagoners.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Ironically, if it weren't for us not making the playoffs that year, we wouldn't be where we are now. We likely wouldn't have torn that team apart to get Harden.

10. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

That game was rough. Poor Brad Miller...

We've come a long way, but still got some work to do tonight!

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Um....I was sitting courtside (Thanks, Jerry)

That was a horrible game to be wearing red. The Suns' fans had so much fun at my expense, along with my mom. It was her first "Suns" game since I moved to this desert.

Brad Miller....why did you do this to us?

....I miss RA either way.

12. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

At least we can all have fun in hindsight :grin:

I wonder how this team would play had Adleman stayed.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Wow! I think you can say the same about me. Hadn't thought about that before. I'm almost 35 and think I first got here in '97, 18 years ago. :eek:

And if you think Cluchfans started in '99, you're a bandwagoner.

14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lmao man that's funny as hell looking back

15. domd221

domd221 Member

Ah, we've come a long way since the days where we cheered on a team full of role players that just played with heart. When we would rely on the likes of Camby and Dalembert for big minutes. When fans would have a year after year debate on whether or not we would want to make the playoffs or not because we would always end up with the last lottery pick.

Could you believe how excited we were when we got Kevin Martin?!?!?!?!

I think K-Mart is someone who made some fans cringe at the thought of believing in Harden at first. But man, are we lucky now. I know these last couple of games have been tough, but I think now we are watching a team with talent AND heart. I haven't enjoyed watching a Rockets team like this in a while, and it feels good knowing Harden is only 25.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

When did Clutchfans start? I remember visiting the site back in the '97 season(wasn't it ClutchCity.com back then?). Was it around before that? I remember the April Fools gags every year. I was amazed how people fell for it every time.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Bandwagoners are the best bro. Haters are the worst.

18. JazzLakerHater

Lol, Bill Worell sounds like he wants to kill himself.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It started in '96. Yes, it was ClutchCity.net, but "Clutch City" is a registered trademark of the Rockets so Clutch changed the name around 2003.

I remember the second April Fools gag, which was in '98, but know I had been here a little while before then, probably since the Fall of '97.

20. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

So why'd it take you 9 years to actually join? Lol