1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nnamdi Asomugha is Available, Make the Play Texans!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rockets934life, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Give him 30 days, and he'd be an upgrade over our current GM.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

At the very least, if they went after Haynesworth, we'd at least know they're trying.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

trying to ruin the team...

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we're ruining the worst defense in the history of the nfl, lol.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Nothing is going to happen.

I'm sure we'll bring in a few has-beens or never-wases to tryout for CB, LB, or DT, but that's it.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I swear I'm not going sour bitter guy on the Texans, the current regime is making fair strides. For the past two years, I've refused to spend a dime on the Astros and Drayton's insulting all-business baseball-Clippers approach. Texans came close when they gave Carr his 3 year/$24M extension for being such a nice guy off the field.

But the gap between this front office and Team Morey is impossible to miss. Had McNair decided to reward the fans for putting up with 8 years of mediocrity, we'd already have Haynesworth and Schobel on the front line with Smith and Mario.

It should be an all in year, but it strikes me that McNair is much more concerned with the upcoming CBA than he is making the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.

For those whining about Haynesworth and his attitude, we put up with Travis Johnson for several years. Same cancer in the locker room, same absent work ethic, only Haynesworth would make our D-line competent instead of embarrassing.

7. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

thank god

it reminds me of when the rockets traded gay for battier to "win now" and guess what happened......van gundy was fired the following offseason because they couldnt "win now"

trading away the future for a quick fix is only good if you are 1 player away...the texans have sooooooooooooo many holes that trading 2 #1's would backfire bigtime.

of course everyone thinks the texans will finish 9-7 this year, while i think no more than 5 wins. brutal schedule...5-11 will give this team a top 10 pick...is it worth it for aso at 29 ? not really. not until they get a new defensive coord and new dt,dt,de,wlb,mlb,fs,cb,cb,....then we can talk aso

look everyone, bush is kubiaks boy and so in order to prevent bush from being fired i wouldnt be surprised if this team traded a boatload of picks for ****** haynesworth and aso.....only to miss playoffs still and have no way to rebuild with no picks

kubiak/bush know they are lameducks if they collapse its not fair to the fans to trade away our picks for the coaches to save their jobs..

5 years and no real improvement. they should be easily 2-4 right now. bringing in aso will help this year but is that a superbowl team this year? no way. and the picks will be gone

8. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

you and dadakota are the only posters that see the truth

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i agree a lot with emjohn. please don't equate your opinions to his. it makes me nervous.

10. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

but if they dont win the superbowl then they are SCREWED ...because the picks will be gone and they wont have anyway to replace barwin,ryans,tate,ward,..

i dont think albert+aso will take this team to the next level..i want them to get aso just so everyone will see that its not all on kareem jackson, its on the coaches..

right now the coaches can keep their jobs with the "they are rookies" excuse

if they bring in aso and still lose, oh boy, all the coaches would be goners..

maybe they dont want aso, maybe they like having excuses to save their jobs. it wouldnt surprise me. they are going to use ryans injury as an excuse when they start losing trust me.

11. MadMax

bringing in aso scares you because it makes your 4 win prediction look even less likely than it already does...since they're already sitting on 4 wins. :grin:

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LOL. Well, the team Defense is ruining the team already.

13. MadMax

seriously, it can't get worse. stunt. blitz corners. bring in anyone who has ever played a corner position before in his life....including intramural flag corners (in which case, i have a shot!)

i'm not sure everyone appreciates just how historically awful this defense is right now.

14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Just stop Chapman... if you don't like the team, then post in someone else's forum. I don't go on Titans message boards and sh_t on thier team.

15. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Travis Johnson was never a cancer in the locker room. He just SUCKED. I am on board for getting Big Al. The weakest position on this is defensive tackle over cornerback IMO. I think a change of scenery for him would be a good. By way Team Morey hasn't done much more than Team Smith. Morey for all the credit he gets only has one playoff series in 3 years.

16. Mashing

Mashing Member

I don't understand the hesitation in giving up a #1 and a #2 for Aso. Obviously, he do not knwo how those picks would turn out, however, what we do know is that Aso is a future hall of famer. Oakland wanting a two #1's on top of his contract is never going ot happen, unless there's a KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN of the NFL.

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why do you people respond to that moron?

I'd make the trade. The Texans have done more with lower round picks than most teams, so I'm not terribly concerned about missing out on a first rounder...especially if we're talking about one hopefully in the high 20's or higher. Just that threat of Aso on one side makes the team better. Maybe he steps up his play even more with a shot to make the playoffs...something he's not going to get in Oakland any time soon.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Troll jobs aside, this is the dumbest sports related post I've read on the internet this year

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh hell no. Smith has had the job for close to 5 years while Morey's had it for 3.

Morey had to deal with 2 always hurt Superstars on guaranteed star contracts. Smith doesn't have to worry about the Cap because he can always cut players since the NFL has non guaranteed contracts.

Morey has done the most with very little while Smith has done the least with the most. (Top draft selections, an owner willing to spend money on FA's at first).

Rockets lost their 2 best players last year and were still .500

If the Texans lost Andre and Matt for the year the team would be the Lions.

Think before you speak.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously, lol.

I'm with Max on this as well, and have been for awhile.

Schobel was available, and despite the ridiculous assertion on this board that we was a 3rd down pass rusher, he would have been a major upgrade. Haynesworth has been available, he would be a MASSIVE upgrade. Not even a sniff. Nnamdi is available, and I'm sure the same will hold true. Not a sniff.

That's fine if the coaches and GM want to die with what they brought to the table, but no excuses at the end of the year if they don't make the playoffs. If they are right, and it all comes together, great! But if they aren't, they need to pay the price for their stubbornness.