1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nnamdi Asomugha is Available, Make the Play Texans!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rockets934life, Oct 17, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

mortreport RT @JohnSuperman: @mortreport Hear anything about the Texans going after Merriman now that Ryans is out for the season? > Diff positions

2. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

they have draft picks which is what the raiders are looking for.

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I didn't mean what I said, I guess I let the anger get the best of me. But with that said, this is a forum where people can give their opinion. If you don't agree with it fine, just don't put people down for it. If I get ban then I'll understand. I deserve it.

4. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

We would be a legit threat with both of those trades. Do it.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I was just pointing out that the stats you posted have no correlation to how good a cornerback is. It would be like saying one pitcher is better than another because he has a higher batting average. And don't worry about getting banned, I couldn't care less about your comment. I don't report posts unless they are from Batman Jones regurgitated diarrhea that he leaves all over the D&D.

6. plates300

plates300 Member

before the emergence of Revis, Asomugha was THE shut down corner in the league. He still is and it's reflected in his contract. Quite frankly, Revis and Asomugha are the ONLY shut down corners in the league.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Get 'er done!

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, all this trade talk is getting exciting.

I'm really hoping we can get Haynesworth for relatively cheap, since he's already been paid BIG bucks. (Hoping our Defensive scheme will keep him in check). the dude is a moron...but being back in a 4-3...who knows.

As for Aso......that would be amazing.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

texans better hurry up if the window is open to get Nnamdi, he's 29 and I don't know how corners fare in their 30's outside of someone like Darrell Green

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Charles Woodson and Champ Bailey say hello.

CBs and WRs can still play pro-bowl level football in their early 30s.

11. RocketMania1991

wut l0l
    :confused:

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

key word "early" 30's

all the more reason to get Nnamdi now than later, I'd rather get him in his prime than the backside of his career.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yea i'm considering early 30s like 30-34

If we can get 3 to 4 years out of Aso that's great. We are not looking for a franchise players, we are looking to fill massive holes to take that next step and become a true superbowl contender. So to fill a hole with a All-Pro CB is just dandy.

Also Andre Johnson is about the same age as Aso, this team owes it to 'Dre (seriously) to do everything they can to make this team better now. If guys like Aso and Haynesworth are available the Texans need to at least try and see what those teams would want for them.

Also i'm tired of sitting on what we have and always being the one of the youngest defenses in the league. It's not working.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

We're basically singing the same tune.

Plus just think how much Nnamdi can help and tutor our young corners like KJ, god knows they need it and if one can step up and get better just by having Nnamdi in the same locker room, that's like killing 2 birds with one stone.

The Texans defensive backs coach and DC are about as highly regarded in Houston as the training staff for the Rockets.

15. AB423

AB423 Member

I don't think the Raiders would want another RB in return. They already have Mcfadden and Bush.

16. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Who the hell wishes cancer on someone's child? That is ridiculous. Please ban that guy.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Just because their first rounders have been hit-and-miss doesn't mean that the other 7-8 picks they get each draft aren't good.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I predict they make zero trades, Kubiak gets asked about it in a press conference and he gives so answer about "liking our guys, going to war with what we have, just need repetition"

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think Haynesworth would look really nice in a Texan uniform but I have my concerns about the clown act he tends to pull and his injury situation. Saying that, if Slaton and a 4th or 5th does it then it might just be to good to pass up and why not since the majority of his guaranteed money has already been paid.

I personally would spend a little or lot more for Aso, the guy is the best as his position or right there and has none of the baggage Haynesworth carries with him. He instantly takes one side of the field away and allows the Texans to blitz A LOT more then they already do which in turn creates more pressure on the QB to help out the rest of the secondary. I would do a 1st and 2nd to acquire him, I believe that is what it will take since his contract will make it difficult to move him.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What the!?! :confused: How did you!?!

It's like you were there!!! :grin: