1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nnamdi Asomugha is Available, Make the Play Texans!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rockets934life, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

One first rounder and Jacoby for Seymour and Asomugha!

Let me do a :rolleyes: on myself

2. pge71188

pge71188 Member

3. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Okay what if I also told you that you're paying the first round pick 16m a year?

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Isn't that what the top 5 picks get per yr with bonuses? Add to that, I would bet he'd be better then any of those guys for the forseeable future.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

What does a typical first round pick make, lets say, 15th overall?

I'd rather be putting my money into something I know is going to perform well, even if I'm paying more.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You get what you pay for. In this case, you are paying for the most dominant CB in the NFL. Sounds like a fair deal to me

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

At first when I read they were having a fire sale he was the first name I thought about. But after checking out his stats for this year, no thanks. He has no interceptions and K Jackson has double amount of tackles then he has. Even Jackson has a int. for pete sakes. Theres a reason they would do this people. Unless they want to take 3rd and maybe a 4th round pick then they can keep him.

Aso stats

Jackson stats

Now I'm not saying Jackson is better then him. But giving a first round pick much less 2 first round picks is giving up too much for a guy that is obviously going down hill. If they can't trade him between now and the draft, they will release him instead of paying him another 16 mill. Cause that is how the nfl works.

8. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

From Profootballtalk, in regards to Big Al being traded

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...haynesworth-thinks-hes-ready-to-play-tonight/

9. TexasMan

TexasMan Member

Any way we can get Petey Faggins back

:p

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Are you serious?????

This is the single stupidest post in this thread

Are you that stupid or do you just know absolutely nothing about football?

1 person likes this.
  11. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I personally would go after rather Big Al than Asomugha. He would cost less in terms of draft picks/compensation and most of his big money has already been paid by the Skins. I doubt Kubiak and Smith go after him with the relationship Al has had with Shannahan. I think Texans make a deal before Tuesday. Something like a Steve Slaton to the Raiders for cornerback Chris Johnson.

12. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Weren't you just praising how good the Texans draft have been since Rick Smith after the Raiders game?

13. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

14. Remix

Remix Member

+1

I thought the guy was joking around at first until i saw he took the time to link stats lol

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

you're not going to have tangible good stats when QBs avoid passing to your side of the field

16. plates300

plates300 Member

gonna go out on a limb here and say Asomugha doesn't have tackles because he's got his half of the field shut down and quarterbacks don't throw his way. Kareem's got tackles mostly because he's having to chase down receivers he is covering. but what do I know...

17. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

lets keep slaton. if foster gets hurt we're screwed.

18. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I guess you are dumb

Just so you know, high tackle numbers for a cornerback is a BAD thing. That means his man is catching the ball often and the corner is forced to tackle him after he has already made a play (sounds a lot like Kareem Jackson). The only exception would be if the cornerback is some kind of juggernaut against the run which is incredibly rare.

Like other said. Nnamdi does not get high interception numbers because he is the most feared CB in the NFL and has been for years. Go check his early numbers, he has plenty of INTs before people realized they should never throw to his side of the field. He is the only DB in the NFL that CONSISTENTLY keep Andre Johnson in check. He is worth a boatload plus more

20. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

How about Steve Slaton and a future 4th round pick to the Raiders for Chris Johnson and Thomas Howard? Johnson and Howard are Texas natives and could help this team out moving forward. With DeMeco out for the year and Adibi so fragile, I think Howard would be a good player for depth. Raiders have some good CBs and Johnson hasn't played much this year but he is a veteran and would be an upgrade over McCain.