1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nnamdi Asomugha is Available, Make the Play Texans!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rockets934life, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm not asking for a press conference, or anything like that....but you're telling me that other teams don't tip off writers about the happenings behind closed doors? Of course they do. That's how they keep a fan base from getting restless. I'm really not overly upset about the fact that we didn't make a trade.....I'm willing to bet that the Raiders were quite over the top with their demands. I'm sure we'll address some needs with a free agent signing or two, but that's really just scraping the trash heap at this point.

And I guess you're right.....next time Gary Kubiak says "Yeah, the kids just need to battle out there.....they really just need to get back to playin' football", I should take that to mean, "We've tried as hard as we can to acquire a top-tier veteran on the defensive side of the ball because we understand that the fan base wants to see a winner on the field after 8 1/2 years of giving up their hard earned money." Lols.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

example??? besides the raiders

It's the middle of the season. All there is out there is scraps.

you should because Kubes and Rich keep things close to their vest, and as a fan you might not like it because you want to hear that they are trying, but from a business perspective it makes a lot of sense.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The NFL is just not a trade driven league.

I'm glad Kubes ad Smith didn't do anything though. That way the spotlight is focused on them if this season turns for the worse.

4. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Jeff Fisher said the Titans were interested in Haynesworth but the Redskins had no intention of moving him

http://football.realgm.com/src_wire...sher_redskins_didnt_want_to_deal_haynesworth/

(I know not to post realgm articles, but the actual article is linked through there..it won't let me copy the actual link)

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Well, for instance, the Vikings attempts to get Vincent Jackson, or the Titans trying to get Haynesworth. Those were pretty public courtships, and I'm sure the fans were assuaged knowing that at least the teams were trying. Again, I understand that the Texans very well could be and probably ARE trying to get players....I just think that as an organization, it's good PR to put it out there every now and then that you ARE, in fact, trying. That's all.

On the free agents, I agree....I'm not expecting the Texans to pick up anybody of consequence this late into the season. Any production we get from a player not already on this team at this point is gravy as far as I'm concerned.

And I understand that they keep things close to the vest. Hell, the Rockets keep things close to the vest as well, but how come nobody questions Daryl Morey's acumen as a general manager? There's a certain stigma that this franchise is very vanilla (whether it's right or not is a different story), and I just wished that they would do things to shed it. Look, at the end of the day, I'm a die-hard fan of this team, and I think they have come a LONG way from 2-14 in a decently short amount of time. I've had season tickets for the past 4 years, and I'm not giving those up anytime soon. We have a chance here to do something really special....especially with this offense. But, I'm just deathly afraid that this defense is going to cost us that chance.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i know there were rumors, but did Fisher ever release a statement that they tried to get him but failed? rumors are rumors. Some are smokescreens, some are legit. hardly enough to base a strong opinion on.

because the rockets made the playoffs and he managed to dump tmac to a r****ded franchise and pull off a few good trades/draft picks. BUt comparing basketball and football isnt a one to one comparison.

well the defense probably will cost them the chance at the playoffs if things dont turn around. But the defense was a question mark before the season and still is...having the front office tell me that they are trying doesnt help answer any of those questions for me.