1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nme]Phil Collins comes out of retirement to sing 'In The Air Tonight' at his sons' school

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, May 31, 2014.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oh yeah. The one with the "thousand dark creatures..."

On that song Dodo/Lurker, when my son and I used to go to minor league hockey games, I used to play that every time on the drive down. It had a line that went, "Dog baiter/Agitator," which I sang as "Darth Vader, Agitator!"- and he loved it b/c he was infatuated with Star Wars. Genesis became his favorite band. Then, I told him the truth several years later.

He speaks to me now...sometimes. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this songs is pure soul

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uVjEcIANv1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lyrics are powerful

So take a look at me now, oh there's just an empty space
    And there's nothin' left here to remind me
    Just the memory of your face
    Ooh, take a look at me now, well there's just an empty space
    And you coming back to me is against the odds
    And that's what I've got to face

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

yes... incisively explorative.... perceptively inspired.... profoundly moving... wording that can only be described as an articulation of artistic insight with poetic precision... powerful lyrics indeed....
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/NIgfiSzCy1o?hl=en_US&autoplay=1&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/NIgfiSzCy1o?hl=en_US&autoplay=1&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0xQFl_CGokg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

tinman, a bunch of people were actually trying to save this thread from Phil's later stuff, you know.

Let me save you the trouble, but then let's get back to Genesis.

"Ah, if she called me I'd be there
    I'd come running anywhere, she's all I need, all my life
    I feel so good if I just say the word
    Su-Su-Sussudio, just say the word, oh, Su-Su-Sussudio."

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

6. Buck Turgidson

You know you just feel so good when you say the word, Bob.

Thanks guys, I think riding around on a mower with that song stuck in your head is one of Dante's concentric circles of hell. Really, thanks.

1 person likes this.