1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nikola Vucevic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Dec 14, 2016.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

VUCCI MANE

2. Play07

Play07 Member

I would trade Capela + 1st and fillers and not look back

3. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Vucevic is a double double machine.

4. basketballholic

That's way overpay. Wouldn't need to do that. Capela and Brewer is too much. Orlando would have to give us back a pick for that one. In your desk we'd have to get 2 firsts back along with V.

5. Play07

Play07 Member

has has 3 years left on his contract for $12mill each, there is no way they would give a up a pick and take capela and brewer. They wouldn't do Capela straight up if salaries matched. I like capela but he cant get buckets in the clutch, have a versatile offense game & shoot free throws how V can.

6. basketballholic

Sorry his trade value just isn't that high. Teams want defensive stoppers in the middle. While Capela is not that stopper he is perceived around the league as being a defensive stopper or at least having the potential to be a defensive stopper. Capela on a rookie deal has way more trade value than V, a player I've liked since since his college days.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Those skills are not valuable in the NBA today.

Vucevic is so valuable to the Magic, they've benched him - not a starter anymore - in favor of Bismack Biyombo (basically Capela light).

Vucevic is even less valuable to the Rockets than to the league as a whole... because his skill-set does have some value for sure, but just not what the Rockets need.

8. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Time maybe to resurrect this thread? Vuce is a near fit for Brandon Knights contract, he is playing the best ball of his career (top 10 in the league in PIE along with Giannis, LeBron, Durant, Embiid, Davis, Sabonis, Curry, Harden and Jokic...), he is a significant upgrade over Hartenstein / Nene at the offensive end and strong rebounder and he is suddenly a 3pt threat knocking down 41% on 3.0 attempts per game.

He's also a pretty good trade chip come the deadline if Morey has a bigger fish in mind.

Does Wright & Hartenstein plus a first get this done?

9. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Anyone seen Vuce play in person recently? Why is his game getting better (at least statistically)?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

A 20 and 10 player would come here to come off the bench in limited minutes and be happy in a contract year? can't say i'd see that at all

arabrocket and ApacheWarrior like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No. Vuc is beasting and is the reason Orlando has a chance at the playoffs. I can't see them dealing him. Rockets best chance at him was last year.

ApacheWarrior, saleem and D-rock like this.
  12. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Orlando would be insane if they made a trade like that. He is also too good to get limited minutes as a back up 5. You would have to play him at the 4 to maximize his minutes and talent.

You guys are swinging for the fences lol.

D-rock likes this.
  13. JayZ750

Ha!!

two years ago!

Dude has triple his three point attempts per game. And become a much better/more efficient scorer. I'm still not coming close to trading Capela for Vucevic.

Let's see if the Magic can finish .500 or better. I'm not sold yet.

But I definitely undersold Vucevic in my post. I'd take him FOR SURE on this squad, just not trading Capela for him.... and Orlando isn't going to give him away.

saleem likes this.
  14. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Two years is not that long. If a GM made a mistake of a similar magnitude, he'd likely be fired.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I would say 3.

Embiid, Davis, Gobert (defensive dominance).

16. JayZ750

What mistake?

Not trading Capela for him? That’s not a mistake lol.