1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nikola Mirotic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Jan 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. omgTHEpotential

At this point DMo is an unknown. He has yet to return to that 2014/15 form (and he might never be that same player again). As bad as Mirotic has been, at least you know roughly what you get from him.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dmo isn't an unknown.... I think his back thing flares up more than ppl imagined it would.

He has one season where he played 28 minutes in 70 games and other 4 seasons where he only played 14 mpg.

I think he is a 20 mpg dude. That is a fair assumption.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

With Domo his size advantage, his agility as a big, his low post scoring couldn't be converted to many points and rebounds.

He is a 0.300 career long range shooter.

Like TJones he was inconsistent, we gave him more than a chance.

4. omgTHEpotential

DMo didn't have size advantage. Yes, he's technically a 7-footer, but he was never very strong, and he has terrible length.

5. anchel

anchel Member

Very much prefer DMo. Mirotic is very streaky, worst shooter than Ryan, and worst defender. Mirotic is really soft. Gimme Donatas.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He came into the league a PF, sure he had height advantage. We just molded him into a Backup C.

7. omgTHEpotential

Height is so overrated though. Harden has the same length arms as DMo, and Harden is a PG/SG.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He wasn't scouted that well. People have him in the Top 10 Draft and he fell and fell. His motor wasn't good.

If you think Mirotic is soft, Donatas is pretty soft for a 7 footer. He played one good season and folks treat him like semi God. It's embarrassing.

And Houston is very likely the only organization that still would give him 18 minutes per game in good faith.

9. omgTHEpotential

All three of Mirotic/DMo/Anderson are soft as ****. I've been following Mirotic from his Real Madrid days, and he's no tougher than DMo. All three are marginal role players at best.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You get skilled players from Europe..... tougher, unrefined guys from the Dleague.

I'll take Diaw- Riffiod who isn't known to be the toughest guy but has unique skills in an MDA system. Has experience.

Shoots, passes, does the little things

[​IMG]

11. omgTHEpotential

I love Diaw. He's the type of basketball player that I admire the most. Someone whose game is based on IQ, unselfishness and pure skill.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

DoMo may be 7' plus but he plays like a 5 footer. Weak ass **** around the boards. GTFO with this boxing out garbage.