1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nike Pro City 2008 - featuring Ron Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by caffreys_irish_ale, Aug 12, 2008.

1. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

I don't know who's familiar with this summer league, but our Man Artest ran the show.

http://www.bouncemag.com/2008/08/08...lliams-special-fx-marcus-williams-tournament/

[​IMG]
    Nike’s Paul “PR” Rivera and Kevin O’Connor, Pro City MVP Ron Artest and Pro City league director Ray Diaz. Photo: Alton Ritter

Here's More...
    http://www.bouncemag.com/2008/07/25...ricklan-the-franchise-mike-james-memphis-gri/

Does anyone know anything else or have video of this league???

#1 caffreys_irish_ale, Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. Shay

Shay Member

I just want the season to start already.

3. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

4. JamesC

JamesC Member

Nike has pro city leagues in several cities. I thought you were talking about the one here in Houston at the Fonde.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

When and where is this "Tournamnet of Champions"? I mean, it says August 23rd, but what time?

6. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

The pro city tournament (final four) was last night at Fonde here in Houston. The championship game is Wednesday night, not sure of the time. Mike Harris' team actually plays defense and looks likely to win.

Moses Malone's team last night stunk up the gym, despite a good second half from Mike James (Who?). Moses put on a jersey and checked himself in as a joke with 2 minutes to go down by a bunch. There is no "D" in James.....Great fun to watch....

7. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I'm just glad he didn't get hurt. He's not a Rocket yet.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

68th and Lex? That's Hunter College.. my alma mater

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

10. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Dude he dominated a bunch of YMCA calibare washed up players. nothing to get excited about. he should have dominated them. he's ron artest. he's allstar calibare player.

11. bigbadjon_e

bigbadjon_e Member

Artest got dominated by Big Baby when he played at Houston's Pro City last year.