1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nike calls Charles Barkley to stop hurting Lebron's market value

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, May 25, 2011.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Other than the stuff he said about Yao (early in his career), CB is the da man! He tales no chit from nobody.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Me too. :grin:

3. ApuN

ApuN Member

Agreed

The guy is starting to sound like a whining bi***

The very thing he is accusing the "Big 3" of being

I mean really, hes sounding like LeBron stole his lunch money or something

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

How is he doing that? He says one bad thing about The Decision, Nike calls him and tells him to stop criticizing LeBron, Barkley tells the media and somehow he is being whiney and "accusing the big 3 of being"?

Please, do explain more in depth. I really did not understand a word you said.

These LeBron nuthuggers really crack me up.

5. ApuN

ApuN Member

Barkley called him a punk and went all over the radio and t.v. for about two weeks criticizing the guy right after "the Decision"

I understand the initial criticism but he just kept going. The fact that he is bringing it up now shows that he has some personal beef going on for no reason

Why mention it now?

Why not be a man and mention it when it happened??

He's the only so called "analyst" still dumping on the guy - its been a year

Its you LeBron haters that are acting liked Bron did you up the butt and he didnt give you a kiss goodnight--sheez its just basketball

6. blackistan

blackistan Member

Nike is whack for this and barkley is on point with his comment

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

There is a really strange money campaign when it comes to Lebron. For instance, they've bought this ESPN guy Colin Cowherd (sp?). He's a reasonable radio host and I really like when the guy talks football, but anything about NBA and it's all about Lebron, his superiority and how nobody is being fair to him. His voice elevates an octave and you can just hear him spitting with desperation to have people take his opinion seriously. Completely leaves all balance and objectivity behind EVERY time the dude talks about the NBA. He always gets to the same, repetitive, boring place.

He's definitely on the take. He sounds like Colin Butthurt when he talks about Lebron.

8. HombreDeHierro

lol LeBron defenders have nothing to back up their guy

other than oh, "be a man don't bring up his mistakes and move on"

well thats not how the world works b****es. you get b****ed at til you prove yourself or make up for the mistake

9. Mr. Space City

so its lebron's fault that the company that sponsors him did something out of his control?

10. lalala902102001

I think Lebron is doing pretty well with his new super villain role this season.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It is a mistake to think you can call Barkley to ask him to say something you want.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I seriously doubt Barkley wants to keep talking about Lebron. We get the soundbite from Barkley, but it's reporters and interviewers who want to rehash this looking for a news worthy soundbite. Everything else comes within context of whatever teams they are covering on the TNT show of which Miami is obviously one of them. I don't think Barkley goes out of his way to criticize Lebron - it's always within the context of the discussion.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

cosign...still lookin for a pair...also the 93 Chris Webber shoes, Alonzo Mourning's Nike's........These were the 3 best shoes in Nike history

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

BEAST BASKETBALL SHOES EVA

i had a pair in 94 and when i was still playing pick up I bought some in 02. great shoes

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think some guy I play pick up with every weekend rocks those shoes. They look hideous

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, Nike calling and asking Barkley (in his own words), "why don't you like Lebron", leads to the title that "....Barkley needs to stop hurting Lebron's market value"?

Where did Barkley say that Nike told him he was hurting James' market value?

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

its not about the looks. that being said, i had the hideous white with purple and black or something because they were on sale. the blacks were nice.

in 02 when they went retro, the pair i got were all blue. sweet looking

18. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Quickly, hide your tapes of Barkley saying this before they're confiscated. :rolleyes:

19. Mr. Space City

so many good nikes of the 90s

Nike Air Max Penny
    Nike Air More Uptempo Pippen
    Nike Air Zoom Flight 98 "The Glove"

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

forgot about the Air Max Penny....Didnt cop the Pippen's and Gloves......Remember them Bo Jackson Huarache's and the 1st Griffey Air Max??...unfortunately I was a Puma and Bally's youngin then...lol