1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Night Club Shooting. Possible Hostages Situation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsLegend, Jun 12, 2016.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If he does a profile in a gay dating app, the FBI will be able to interview any man he may have dated and get a very good idea about him in this regard.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure they'd do that, but I don't see how him being gay is relevant. He already explained his motive when he called the police to tell them he was doing this for ISIS.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, it still means ISIS is able to find hate-filled people in the US. And help them crystallize their hate-filled pathetic thoughts into executing a terrorist plan. That's the most important thing.

But I find it still relevant to know a person's background leading up to ISIS. That's common for us to want to know...and for FBI profiling, too, I suppose. And it sheds new light on the relevance of the target location.

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

if he was a closet homosexual or at a minimum had homosexual interactions and it is proven - does that impact his martyr status and impact of his actions in this daesh circle?

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I've almost figured out my plan... just need to case the joint... with another 18 months of watery well drinks and sweaty dancing with hunky guys!

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

you mean He might have been a murderous SOB
    But . . .he was no liar?

If you have self hatred issues about being gay . . . some people over compensate . . i.e. the term . . . He doth protest too much

Maybe this was his protest
    That said
    I think we need to secure the guns and not the blame

Rocket River

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, he was linked to extremists previously....I mean there's no doubt that he's a radicalized Muslim.

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

So he was homo?

I guess he won't even get to enjoy the promised virgins in the afterlife :rolleyes:

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Exactly, this is a different brand of home-grown Islamist terrorism: less Boston Marathon, more Charleston church shooting.

Also, you are fighting a battle for the hearts and minds of those who may be influenced by ISIS. If it becomes established that he was gay, it may work against ISIS since they already "claimed responsibility."

There is precedence for this

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why aren't they stating that 90% of the victims were hispanic? Something that Trump despises and also which catapulted him to the top. Just use what you need for your political agenda. Guns and muslims.

1 person likes this.
  11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Agree. They create a "home" for these people and a laid out strategy of soft targets hit by single individuals. A strategy that is all but impossible to stop.

Absolutely. Investigate it fully. There might be a goldmine of terrorist intel on Jack'd. Vast majority are young men anyways. Perhaps the FBI know and were already using it.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It doesn't have to be one or the other. This moron could have been gay and at the same time a radicalized muslim following ISIS.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wouldn't it change ISIS's stance on him?

14. Buck Turgidson

It would be a PR blow for them, but I'm sure they'll spin it as a courageous martyr being corrupted by the decadent West or some such nonsense.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Pretty sure drinking and going to gay clubs and banging dudes is against Islam.

16. the shark

the shark Member

For a group that kills people in wood chippers, dipping in acid, throwing people off buildings, etc etc, I don't think they're concerned about a "PR blow".

1 person likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

You need to read up on them, then. PR is a huge part of their recruiting prowess internationally.

18. gambingo

gambingo Member

The selfies of him on the news look kind of suspect though, wouldn't be surprised if he's a closet gay.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

[tinfoil hat]Maybe the closet-gay angle is something dreamt up by the CIA to undermine his attack's recruiting power.[/tinfoil hat]

Was it a hispanic club, or were so many hispanic because it was latin night? I was surprised to see so many hispanic names in the list of the dead. Nobody reported it, that I heard.

20. the shark

the shark Member

So ISIS leadership is concerned about their "reputation" by a guy half way around the world who murdered people who they hate? So the whacko possibly winds up being gay too? Isn't he dead too?

ISIS didn't ask this nut job to join their cause, and trust me they can spin this for their benefit. You think some nut job (anywhere in the world), who might be interested in being a member of ISIS (or just wanting to see their cause advanced), would now hesitate to possibly join them because this one nut job turned out to be gay?

We can agree to just disagree Buck. IMO their "recruiting prowess" hasn't (and will not) take a hit over this.