1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Night Club Shooting. Possible Hostages Situation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsLegend, Jun 12, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BREAKING?src=hash">#BREAKING</a>: Arrest to be made soon of alleged accomplice in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PulseShooting?src=hash">#PulseShooting</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WFTV?src=hash">#WFTV</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KRayWFTV">@KRayWFTV</a> <a href="https://t.co/bNS5UEGYW2">pic.twitter.com/bNS5UEGYW2</a></p>&mdash; WFTV Eyewitness News (@WFTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/WFTV/status/742466265374195712">June 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To be very clear-- looking at someone who may have helped shooter does NOT mean they were in the club at the time.</p>&mdash; Karla Ray (@KRayWFTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/KRayWFTV/status/742478900438159360">June 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Looks like I might have called it, after reading his father's restaurant story.

Might be a self-hating, repressed, closet homosexual, after all.

<a href="http://gawker.com/orlando-shooter-was-reportedly-a-regular-at-pulse-and-h-1781920316">Orlando Shooter Was Reportedly a Regular at Pulse and Had a Profile on Gay Dating App</a>

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Ehh.. unless the dating app legitimately proves it was his profile, I doubt the source.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Deck,

No Law is going to catch everyone.
    Looking at the description above . . . you would have denied him from having a gun based on what?
    FBI Investigations are a dime a dozen

Even they will tell you alot of people they interview are guilty of nothing but being suspicious. I can only imagine how many calls they get from people about their 'Neighbor of Terrorist Dissent'.

I think the most major thing to me is
    and Probably you as well is

A Gun like that just should not be sold
    At least not as regularly as they are

I was talking to a friend of mine and the thing that bothers me is

He did more damage with this gun than most Suicide Bombers
    or attempted bombers do
    and
    This gun was FAR FAR easier to obtain than Bomb making equipment
    and less likely to attract law enforcement attention.

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wonder how we are going to define 'help'

Rocket River

8. heypartner

<iframe src='http://player.theplatform.com/p/7wvmTC/MSNBCEmbeddedOffSite?guid=n_hayes_acedeno1_160613' height='500' width='635' scrolling='no' border='no' ></iframe>

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

I smell BS. Dude is trying to get his 10 seconds of fame.

10. heypartner

Possibility, but it's more than one person saying the same thing. He wouldn't be the first person who murdered gays, because he was a self-hating, repressed, homosexual trying to live a lie as a heterosexual who beats his wife and hates his dad.

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

IMO, might just be the LGBT trying to push their gay pride.

12. heypartner

What agenda do they have to push? 50 of them just got murdered. The target was an LGBT night club.

If anything, if news comes out that the shooter was gay, too, the media turns away from the story, and it dies. think about it. It would be a crime from within. Then the agenda makers would be those who want to continue pushing the story that he was ISIS.

But actually, he could have turned to ISIS and chose the target and still have been the closet gay. It's not one or the other. It can all be true. Often, when self-hating gays try to live the heterosexual lie, they will seek out groups who hate gays, too. And he could have legitimately become an ISIS sympathizer as much as any of these other sick Lone Wolf terrorists in the US.

I suppose you can do internet forensics to see if was indeed using a Gay Dating app. But multiple witnesses are saying they recognize him from going to the club for three years.

#212 heypartner, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its numerous people and accounts...

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

WTF! I realize this comment fits your moniker, but come on - that's beyond absurd.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I heard this whole thing happened because the shooter was outraged by men still having goatees in 2016.

1 person likes this.
  16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

While possible he could be closet homosexual, he could have been going to the place because this was all premeditated and he was scoping out targets. The profile thing could also be him trying to immerse himself in the culture so he could really fuel his hate/self-hate. He was supposed to be a very angry individual. It could come from being closeted or just hating people that much he'd try to send himself over the top.

17. heypartner

For three years?

Some here seem to be disputing this as if it means he's not ISIS. He can still be ISIS. You don't have to try to explain this away with weird theories denying his self-denial.

It can all still be true. He could be a closet gay, whose self-hate and internal demons drove him to ISIS (a hate group), and then their brainwashing just fueled his hate more, enough to develop a terrorist plan and he chose the target for personal reasons and familiarity of the location...which is VERY common for mass murders.

silly idea. Hate via immersion therapy...lols

Maybe him seeking out ISIS fueled his hate/self-hate. Why try to come up with something else, just because he might be a repressed gay.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If this is a valid point, it makes the gun control argument even less important. If he was watching the place for 3 years, I doubt he would have just carried two weapons.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We still don't know if this information is true, but assuming it is, I agree with you. The man doesn't spend 3 years plotting revenge by frequenting the club and getting on LGBT social media. It simply does not compute, not even close.

This seems to be getting more sick and bizarre by the hour.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ISIS does appear to have had some hand in this.