1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nieve to undergo Tommy John surgery

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DOMINATOR, May 8, 2007.

1. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bb/4784020.html

too bad he could have helped the astros if more relievers got hurt.

2. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

May he fully recover.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lets hope that Matty Albers can continue improving. Its kind of dissapointing that out of all the young pitchers (and Jennings, who we traded Hirsh for), none of them have done anything of significance to show they belong while they've pitched for the Astros.

4. conquistador#11

"TOMMY jOHN" i can't think of any other name feared by beisbol players and fans.I hope he recovers

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

That's the doctor that operated on Triple H's torn quad.

[​IMG]

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

None of them? Sampson has proven his worth. Albers is improving. Even Wandy has shown to be productive so far. Yes, they've each had a bad game this season, but overall they've done fairly well. The W-L record isn't a fair predictor, especially with the offense thus far.

Hopefully Jennings will be back in the next couple of weeks and pick up where he left off.

Too bad for Nieve. At least he is getting fixed and can hopefully get back at some point next season.

7. Major

Major Member

Is Dr. James Andrews the only orthopedic surgeon on the planet? It seems like every baseball player goes to him, and now I want to say it's spread to other sports as well. I think someone (Wade?) in the NBA was going to use him as well.

8. Buck Turgidson

He's just about the best elbow/shoulder guy on the planet.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'll wait for a few more starts from a healthy Sampson to declare him a significant contributer. He's had some flukey injuries/illness problems thus-far that have limited his durability.

Also, Wandy pitched just as well (if not better) last year to start the season... it may be the year he "gets it" (as some lefties do over time), or it may just be another case of fools gold.